No announcement yet.

Mixing Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok the results are in,with my multimeter before the CC and the wattsup meter after the CC to the battery and a light current from my AC charger the reading is the same... About 900mah.So no problems there.My question is why do I only ever see a max of 38watts flowing into the battery even if it's 20% DOD.Is this because of sunlight,panel inefficiencies and battery resistance?

Comment

As you are charging batteries, you could use separate solar controllers and then charge the battery in parallel. As solar controllers are cheap, this will at least keep you new panel running at 100 watts, and the blocking diodes will stop crosstalk

Comment

Theres not too much loss from what I can see.Only about 1 or 2 volts as far as I can see.When I get my next panel,the DIYs are getting taken down.Too much guess work.

But on another front ,as Sunking said,the input current = output current on PWM and judging from my test,that means I could put a few panels on before a CC replacemant as the one and a bit panels I have now max current flowing is about 3 amps with a 100w and DIY panel.

Comment

Working...
        X