No announcement yet.

Solar panels increase house prices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One link in the previous post was about baseboard heat covers to hide the appearance - no big deal. Super expensive for what amounts to a screen at 22$ per linear foot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Guys, I believe he said his property was in Wales. He is probably not concerned with retained value in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by t5800512 View Post
        Guys, I believe he said his property was in Wales. He is probably not concerned with retained value in the states.
        It is a 2 year old post. Who are you talking too? Ghost?
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Sunking, you are absolutely correct. It showed up in my "new posts", and I did not look at the date of origin.

Comment

Added value..

Real estate is local. Most upgrades are not valued the same nationwide or worldwide. If I built a tornado shelter in CA not really going to help sell my house as it might in the Midwest. We work with national banks that currently add 80% of the cost of the solar array to the appraised value of the home. This is in CA. The banks we work with feel it adds about 80% of the cost to value of the home. They put it in writing its not anecdotal or a study its real dollars and cents.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalsolar View Post
              The banks we work with feel it adds about 80% of the cost to value of the home. They put it in writing its not anecdotal or a study its real dollars and cents.
              Good information!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Solar Resale Value

Originally posted by SoCalsolar View Post
                Real estate is local. Most upgrades are not valued the same nationwide or worldwide. If I built a tornado shelter in CA not really going to help sell my house as it might in the Midwest. We work with national banks that currently add 80% of the cost of the solar array to the appraised value of the home. This is in CA. The banks we work with feel it adds about 80% of the cost to value of the home. They put it in writing its not anecdotal or a study its real dollars and cents.
                If there is a 30% federal rebate, seems like you are already in the black. Meantime the daily benefits keep
                adding to that. Illinois claims another $10K, but I haven't seen it yet.

Some of us do "improve their own comfort", so the resale is only secondary. And not everyone has a mortgage.
                I think a system should be as simple as possible for the next owner to maintain, or it might be considered
                a liability. Like, no batteries, no roof mounts, no constant attention required.

Questions to be answered here. Will it increase property value? Should insurance be increased, and
                should it only be done for the fraction of panel replacement for storm damage? Bruce Roe

Comment

solar panel increase the value of house

yes, it is trend in China that a house with practical and reliable solar system is more popular and value-added.

Comment

Hi, Going with Solar will save money and also it increases your home value.
                    [URL="http://borgenergy.com/"]Solar Panel[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by swasa View Post
                      Hi, Going with Solar will save money and also it increases your home value.
                      Maybe so and maybe no - it should but a blanket statement is not possible.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Energy perceived value

Every location has a different energy perspective, and not every buyer will want to think
                        about energy conservation. But a northern house with no panels visible, R50+ in the attic,
                        no electric energy bill, and very little heating bill, might be viewed quite differently than yours.
                        Bruce Roe

Originally posted by solarintexas
                        I can easily see how in some places, installing solar would actually do
                        nothing for the resale value. But that's mostly because of certain attitudes prevailing in places
                        where energy is consumed in a thoughtless fashion. Where I live, the interest in solar is quasi
                        zero. People are mostly indifferent, and if there is interest in my installation, it's usually coupled
                        with suspicion that "all this money" is wasted on that "newfangled stuff." Realty prices are often
                        more about perception of the value than the actual value.

I just imagine potential buyers of my home (not that I ever wanted to sell it) and shake their
                        heads in disbelief at "them ugly things on the roof."

In Texas, for the average homeowner of an old sprawling 1960s ranch with old windows, little to
                        no attic insulation and old AC unit consuming 15,000 kWh a year, installing solar indeed is a losing
                        proposition. People who install solar usually have done some energy conservation beforehand and
                        are thus more thoughtful. Since most people don't care, they will not be willing to pay more for a
                        house with solar panels that would save them perhaps 20% on their humongous electricity bill.

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
                          Every location has a different energy perspective, and not every buyer will want to think
                          about energy conservation. But a northern house with no panels visible, R50+ in the attic,
                          no electric energy bill, and very little heating bill, might be viewed quite differently than yours.
                          Bruce Roe
                          Trying to sell your homestead Bruce?

Comment

Sale Value

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Trying to sell your homestead Bruce?
                            Not for sale, but I am trying to make it as saleable as possible. In other words, working
                            exactly the way I want. Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by solarintexas
                              Texas has "cheap electricity"
                              This is what fuels (pardon the pun) Texans' attitudes towards energy usage. If electricity were expensive, solar would be viewed more favorably.

Even Texas has a few people tooling around in subcompact cars rather than SUVs that get 8 mpg. When gas is $8/gallon, there will be more energy-efficient cars. And when electricity is 20 cents/kWh, there will be more interest in solar.

Comment

Originally posted by snic View Post
                                This is what fuels (pardon the pun) Texans' attitudes towards energy usage. If electricity were expensive, solar would be viewed more favorably.

Even Texas has a few people tooling around in subcompact cars rather than SUVs that get 8 mpg. When gas is $8/gallon, there will be more energy-efficient cars. And when electricity is 20 cents/kWh, there will be more interest in solar.
                                Actually there is more electricity generated from wind in Texas than any other state except maybe California. Texas is serious about renewable energy but wind seems to be more profitable than solar for now regardless of what the price of gas is.

Some of the state legislation is looking at the times that wind doesn't generate due to the hot sunny weather but would be a great time to generate using solar. So a combination of the two types of energy generations is being considered so that they provide power at different times which would reduce the time of interruptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X