Trinity Solar (New Jersey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
    So much for the encyclopedia, sewing machine and the filler brush man. Wait. I showing my age.
    IIRC, the Kirby salesmen are still at it! But the best deals are always from the paving guy who has some leftover material from another job

Comment

Originally posted by commops7 View Post
      What is the overall consensus of trinity solar in jersey? Has anyone used them and their green little trucks they drive around in? I would like to consider them in my panel purchase but am asking for feedback on a few experiences, the type of equiptment they use, wether they push finiance or leasing their systems, etc .... general feedback would be appreciated. they are doing my quote now ....

their website is: trinitysolarsystems.com
      I just recently completed an install with Trinity in NJ. The system is currently awaiting inspections and my utility to switch out my meter, but its up and has been tested. My system was a prepaid 20-year lease through Clean Power Finance, although Trinity also would sell the system outright or do 0-down. Based on my electricity usage over the past year (15,100 kWh) and my roof orientation (mostly east/west with a small area of south facing), they designed a 14.5 system with 58 LG250S1K-G3 panels (originally was going to be ReneSola JC250S-24Bb-b but they were taking a long time) and 3 SMA inverters (5000TL-US-22, 4000TL-US-22, and 3000TL-US-22). The price was very good, based on other quotes I had received.

If you like, I can give you my experience with Trinity, who I worked with, and even pictures of how they setup my panels and inverters. Send me a PM if interested.

Comment

Trinity Solar

My experience with Trinity Solar:
        Had salesman come to our home for quote. Seemed like a good idea and we were going to move forward with project. Salesman was suppose to send email with definitive information based on our energy use, etc and some references. NEVER HEARD from him and so I called the company on three separate occasions and was assured that someone would call me back (including the Regional Sales Director) and never received a call back. I called salesman again and actually spoke with him and he stated that he lost my paperwork and would take care of it by the next day: never received his email/call. Called company again and spoke to supervisor who stated she would take care of it and call me with information: never heard from her again. Salesman called me to state he had personal problem and sent me an application but no references or final numbers. I spoke with him that day and he was going to send the information I was to receive about 6 weeks ago. NEVER RECEIVED his second email and have not heard from anyone. We (including two neighbors of ours) were ready to move forward with Trinity Solar but after this experience there is no way we would trust them when they couldn't even return our calls. There are other companies out there and we already have two others that have been great in working with us and all three families will be making a decision in the next two weeks.

Comment

Thanks bob - After all the blather it is nice to hear reality.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by commops7 View Post
            What is the overall consensus of trinity solar in jersey? Has anyone used them and their green little trucks they drive around in? I would like to consider them in my panel purchase but am asking for feedback on a few experiences, the type of equiptment they use, wether they push finiance or leasing their systems, etc .... general feedback would be appreciated. they are doing my quote now ....

their website is: trinitysolarsystems.com
            just finished my install yesterday if u want to chat about it personal message me and we can discuss . I DID not use trinity though ,
            alan

Comment

I tried to use the same company that AJ used, but they couldn't compete in Long Island with Trinity. I'm signing with Trinity this afternoon after a few months of research and getting other quotes. Will take pics of the install and post a separate thread when everything is up and running, probably 4 months of waiting around here before a panel touches my roof.

Comment

Just spoke with someone from Trinity. Seemed like a nice guy but price was higher than some others. He said to call him as he would try to match. We'll see.

Comment

Roger~~~ Thank you so much for your detailed response !!!

Originally posted by RogersSBG View Post
                  Just a word of advice- most of these companies Lease their equipment with a 20 year contract. READ THE CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY. I had an experience with another Solar company (other than xxxxx)- you should assume they all work approximately the same way with the same type of contract (due to competition). The company that came to me (selling door to door) talked a very good game. the very first RED FLAG was that they insisted we sign a contract right then and there! Seriously? What homeowner in their right mind would sign a 20 year contract on the spot without looking it over or investigating the company they are signing with? The second RED FLAG leaps out at me right off the first page in their contract....It stated that YOU can NEVER sue them! No matter the issue- it HAS to go to arbitration! REALLY??? That spells out a RISKY contract all by itself. And I suppose they use their own arbitrator too. The salesman kept pushing at us the we would be buying the electric from their company at a much cheaper rate than the utility company, hence saving money. He stated the rate of 11.9%, and the increase (if any) is capped at 2.9%. It can never go higher that that. BUT-In the CONTRACT it states it's capped at 2.9% PER YEAR. This means every year of that 20 year contract, they can raise the rate 2.9% on top of the 11.9% you started out with! The salesman kept saying "But that never happens, it never goes up" - yeah- well IF it never goes up, why is it in the contract in the first place??? The contract states that in the event your roof ever needs replaced or repair, YOU pay for the cost of having the solar panels removed and restored. Here's the THIRD RED FLAG- In the event you want to sell your home the contract is "transferable" BUT that's providing the prospective buyer wants to take it over! AND then ONLY if the solar company APPROVES them! If they want your home, but not solar, or solar doesn't want them, guess whose paying for the panels to be removed?? Yep, YOU! FOURTH RED FLAG- they will only accept "auto pay" from you. This means they have access to your credit /debit card # OR your checking/routing #'s. AND- guess what? If the money isn't there for them to be paid and you miss the payment as a result, they not only charge you $25 fee, They can also charge up to $7 per watt!!! YES, you head correct! this means if you produce 4,000 watts, you can be charged $28,000 thanks to that 20 year locked in contract you sign! here's the FIFTH and final RED FLAG I came to find within the contract (that I am SO glad we never signed)-You are agreeing to buy ALL the electricity the system produces. This means your not paying on your usage, so you could end up paying more! So what happens when you go away on vacation or at work? Your paying for ALL the electricity this system makes! You may as well leave everything electrical on in your home when your away, because you will pay for it regardless. There was also restriction within the contract as to when you can turn the system off! Oh yeah- AND they gt your 30% tax credit, not you!!! I told the salesman that there were all kinds of holes in the contract, and it was designed to protect THEM, not me. I said a fair contract protects both parties involved! I did my research and came to find via consumer affairs that the best way to get solar is to purchase it outright and then have an installer come and put it in. It pays for itself within 4-5 years and THEN your electric is truly free. Another word of advice when reading reviews, is to keep in minds that some of them could be bogus reviews. It's very possible that the person writing it could work for a solar company and trying to boost sales by creating a good review. I suggest that is you plan to sign a contract, you pay your lawyer to review it first. The only 20 year contract I want is my mortgage. When leasing equipment, you don't own it but are paying for it at a higher rate that it costs to buy outright. please also keep in mind that YOU are giving them space on YOUR roof so THEY can MAKE a lot MORE MONEY than you will be getting in return on YOUR investment. After reading through their contract, I am so disgusted that they can get away with this.
                  Roger~~ Thank you so much for your detailed response!!! I truly appreciate it !!! I was going ahead with this but after reading thru your post which gave MUCH food for thought I have decided against it~~ Will buy my own and use an installer~ Thank's again for taking the time to post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GiGi4 View Post
                    Roger~~ Thank you so much for your detailed response!!! I truly appreciate it !!! I was going ahead with this but after reading thru your post which gave MUCH food for thought I have decided against it~~ Will buy my own and use an installer~ Thank's again for taking the time to post!!!
                    AH ! The joys of solar leasing ! As always, Caveat Emptor.

Comment

Working...
                    X