Trinity Solar (New Jersey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Solar (New Jersey)

What is the overall consensus of trinity solar in jersey? Has anyone used them and their green little trucks they drive around in? I would like to consider them in my panel purchase but am asking for feedback on a few experiences, the type of equiptment they use, wether they push finiance or leasing their systems, etc .... general feedback would be appreciated. they are doing my quote now ....

their website is: trinitysolarsystems.com

general feedback would be appreciated. they are doing my quote now ....
    Last edited by Naptown; 07-25-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

do a google search on them. also search Yelp, angies list, and look on the BBB website. these are things you can do yourself while you wait for someone to respond. Of course there may not be anyone with experience with them. They have some google reviews. I am a member of angies list but not for new york.

Comment

I ended up getting them over to propose a 5-6kW system, which, based on my usage, was already overkill. With the programs shifting around like crazy, the offer they made still came in to me as not worth it, so I have decided not to do solar quite yet. Outside of that, they are on the ball getting the sales guy out there to talk up a good game. The other negative is they will not create a micro-inverter system for you because that is what I'd prefer, with bigger panels which were US made.... so the way they sell solar, like the rest of the bigger shops, is based on usage and as a commodity. It's not longer any fun in doing a custom configuration, let alone doing it the way YOU want it. My $.02 and an answer to my own original question.

Comment

From an installers and sales point of view the "prepackaged" systems are much easier to deal with. There really is not much thought process involved.
          I know what a PITA it is to custom configure every system to the customers needs and goals. But is something that has to be done each time.
          I haven't yet seen a solution that works in all cases.
          NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by commops7 View Post
            What is the overall consensus of trinity solar in jersey? Has anyone used them and their green little trucks they drive around in? I would like to consider them in my panel purchase but am asking for feedback on a few experiences, the type of equiptment they use, wether they push finiance or leasing their systems, etc .... general feedback would be appreciated. they are doing my quote now ....

their website is: trinitysolarsystems.com
            I have used Trinity Solar and so have about 35 residents in my community. As a former electrical contractor myself I can tell you they great. Very professional, did a great job and everybody you have to deal with in the whole company are very helpfull. BTY those guys in those little green truck are Solar City. They have a very aggresive sales pitch, have many complaints against them with the BBB and have done very little jobs in NJ. From what I understand they have only been in NJ for less then a year. Like I said in a previous post those "little green truck" don't seem to hold much equipment and theur crews look like they just came out of high school. Is this the type of company you would want to use? Besides Trinity has done more jobs in NJ then any other solar company. Highly recommend them. Good luck.

Comment

I have Trinity Solar and LOVE THEM! No issues at all with the system and it's making more power than Trinity estimated. My JCP&L bills have been "zeroed out" for months.

Comment

Great!

Originally posted by FastSRT19 View Post
                I have Trinity Solar and LOVE THEM! No issues at all with the system and it's making more power than Trinity estimated. My JCP&L bills have been "zeroed out" for months.
                That's great news. Sounds like you did your homework. My system has been up 18 months and last year I did about 19% more then they estimated. This year I am on track for about the same or slightly higher. Very happy about the zero bills, except PSE&G still charges you $ 2.44 "service charge". Go figure. I still make out after the True-Up.

Only thing about SunRun's web site is that it wasn't very accurate but the new site has gotten better. I made my own Excel spreadsheets that keeps track of my daily and monthly production. If you are interested in any help just PM me.
                Bob

Comment

I have an intrest is using trinity solar. I am a new homeowner and want to get solar but not sure if its worth it yet for me. I have heard commercials for trinity solar about installing the system for free but it sounds to good to be true. I'm just trying to get an idea what to expect when I call them.
                  Any info would be cool
                  Thank you

Comment

Well it's not free. At best it is a no money down 20 years of monthly payment on a lease
                    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by NNJ75 View Post
                      I have an intrest is using trinity solar. I am a new homeowner and want to get solar but not sure if its worth it yet for me. I have heard commercials for trinity solar about installing the system for free but it sounds to good to be true. I'm just trying to get an idea what to expect when I call them.
                      Any info would be cool
                      Thank you
                      I love my system from Trinity. It literally cost me nothing out of pocket for the install and equipment, and I pay $100 a month for the lease.(which is fine since my monthly electric bill was $350-400 a month. It's the best thing I've ever done for my home!

Mod note - caution as this is sounding like advertising - repeats will not be allowed.
                      Last edited by russ; 07-11-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Just a word of advice- most of these companies Lease their equipment with a 20 year contract. READ THE CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY. I had an experience with another Solar company (other than xxxxx)- you should assume they all work approximately the same way with the same type of contract (due to competition). The company that came to me (selling door to door) talked a very good game. the very first RED FLAG was that they insisted we sign a contract right then and there! Seriously? What homeowner in their right mind would sign a 20 year contract on the spot without looking it over or investigating the company they are signing with? The second RED FLAG leaps out at me right off the first page in their contract....It stated that YOU can NEVER sue them! No matter the issue- it HAS to go to arbitration! REALLY??? That spells out a RISKY contract all by itself. And I suppose they use their own arbitrator too. The salesman kept pushing at us the we would be buying the electric from their company at a much cheaper rate than the utility company, hence saving money. He stated the rate of 11.9%, and the increase (if any) is capped at 2.9%. It can never go higher that that. BUT-In the CONTRACT it states it's capped at 2.9% PER YEAR. This means every year of that 20 year contract, they can raise the rate 2.9% on top of the 11.9% you started out with! The salesman kept saying "But that never happens, it never goes up" - yeah- well IF it never goes up, why is it in the contract in the first place??? The contract states that in the event your roof ever needs replaced or repair, YOU pay for the cost of having the solar panels removed and restored. Here's the THIRD RED FLAG- In the event you want to sell your home the contract is "transferable" BUT that's providing the prospective buyer wants to take it over! AND then ONLY if the solar company APPROVES them! If they want your home, but not solar, or solar doesn't want them, guess whose paying for the panels to be removed?? Yep, YOU! FOURTH RED FLAG- they will only accept "auto pay" from you. This means they have access to your credit /debit card # OR your checking/routing #'s. AND- guess what? If the money isn't there for them to be paid and you miss the payment as a result, they not only charge you $25 fee, They can also charge up to $7 per watt!!! YES, you head correct! this means if you produce 4,000 watts, you can be charged $28,000 thanks to that 20 year locked in contract you sign! here's the FIFTH and final RED FLAG I came to find within the contract (that I am SO glad we never signed)-You are agreeing to buy ALL the electricity the system produces. This means your not paying on your usage, so you could end up paying more! So what happens when you go away on vacation or at work? Your paying for ALL the electricity this system makes! You may as well leave everything electrical on in your home when your away, because you will pay for it regardless. There was also restriction within the contract as to when you can turn the system off! Oh yeah- AND they gt your 30% tax credit, not you!!! I told the salesman that there were all kinds of holes in the contract, and it was designed to protect THEM, not me. I said a fair contract protects both parties involved! I did my research and came to find via consumer affairs that the best way to get solar is to purchase it outright and then have an installer come and put it in. It pays for itself within 4-5 years and THEN your electric is truly free. Another word of advice when reading reviews, is to keep in minds that some of them could be bogus reviews. It's very possible that the person writing it could work for a solar company and trying to boost sales by creating a good review. I suggest that is you plan to sign a contract, you pay your lawyer to review it first. The only 20 year contract I want is my mortgage. When leasing equipment, you don't own it but are paying for it at a higher rate that it costs to buy outright. please also keep in mind that YOU are giving them space on YOUR roof so THEY can MAKE a lot MORE MONEY than you will be getting in return on YOUR investment. After reading through their contract, I am so disgusted that they can get away with this.
                        Last edited by russ; 12-07-2013, 11:44 AM. Reason: removed company name

Comment

Any time you see a door to door salesman you should be very concerned - outside of girl scout cookies not much is sold door to door on an honest basis.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I agree with Russ - don't buy anything from a door to door salesperson. I don't even know if Girl Scouts do it any more! They do a much faster and easier business setting up shop outside the supermarket but I digress.

I just wish RogersSBG had seen fit to split his effort into paragraphs; makes for easier reading that way. Definitely read the lease contract carefully. Watch for escalators and penalties. Most people are better off avoiding a 20 year lease or PPA with monthly payments.

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                              Any time you see a door to door salesman you should be very concerned - outside of girl scout cookies not much is sold door to door on an honest basis.
                              So much for the encyclopedia, sewing machine and the filler brush man. Wait. I showing my age.

Comment

Working...
                              X