Solar Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olberg View Post
    In Europe we off grid people use a+++ (the more pluses the less energy it draws) fridges. They use less than 7W or 71kWh/year. This is a full size unit.
    What is the model number of your frig? I think you lost a decimal point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Nope. No decimal point missing.

I have a Bosch KSV29VW40.
      /O

Comment

I didn't know about these but I can't find a 120V 60Hz one.
        1150W, Midnite Classic 200, Cotek PSW, 8 T-605s

Comment

Originally posted by Olberg View Post
          Nope. No decimal point missing.

I have a Bosch KSV29VW40.
          /O
          Found it! They don't offer it in Turkey even.

It is expensive but (Energieverbrauch: 71 kWh/Jahr)

Maybe they don't feel there would be adequate market in many places?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

If it indeed uses that little it may make sense to run a separate inverter for just that item.
            NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

Billv

Glad your thinking, and being prepared for natural disaster. I don't know if we will experience a solar flare, or not, but it is wise to have food, and water, shelter, and protection, on hand regardless. I think everyone should have the ability to be self supportive for a minimum of 3 months! Too many "natural & unatural disasters" happening to not be ready!!!

Thanks for starting a great thread, and for sticking with it long enough to get past the "crusty" nay Sayers comments to get some great info out there on solar refer possibilities!
              Reading these threads, it kind of amazes me how some people "in the know" so often just want to shut someone down, and seemingly shut them up, rather than be helpful and informative... So glad to see so many others being helpful and constructive, with real life experience!

Have you considered Freeze dried food? No refrigeration needed. Just add water, heat, and eat. I know it is a bit costly, but having a years++,+ supply of freeze dried food on hand that has a shelf life of 25 years, (Mountain house #10 cans), is a great way to go. Also, buying freeze dried food now, at today's prices, may be a real saver due to inflation, when you finally need to eat it as its expiration date draws near. (IF you have not needed it for any emergency). What I buy now, will feed us real well 23 years from now at a probably great savings. For me and my house,, if a year + of food is not enough,, I think I would rather be taken out than have to live through the times that would exist if that were a reality!

Heaven is waiting for me, this I have total faith in, and it will be such a better place than here!!!

Comment

Beachnut - Congratulations on managing to get so much blather in one post and then conclude it with a fairy tale.

Religious stuff has no place in solar forums.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by BillV View Post
                  If you read my thread you would uinderstand the purpose is to be prepared in the event of no electricity OR fuel for a substantial period of time - such as a solar flare knocking out the grid for months. No power, no propane deliveries. No gas pumping. Not much of anything. But still would like to keep food from spoiling.
                  The above quote from this thread is the reasoning behind my "blathering" about freeze dried food.

russ

Beachnut - Congratulations on managing to get so much blather in one post and then conclude it with a fairy tale.
                  Your above statement is exactly why I said this, below, in my "blather" post.

Thanks for starting a great thread, and for sticking with it long enough to get past the "crusty" nay Sayers comments to get some great info out there on solar refer possibilities!
                  Reading these threads, it kind of amazes me how some people "in the know" so often just want to shut someone down, and seemingly shut them up, rather than be helpful and informative... So glad to see so many others being helpful and constructive, with real life experience!
                  Some "fairy tales" have a way of actually being true! Sadly, in due time, we will all see.

I will do my best to remember when I write on this forum,,, it is not a friendly place, sorry for my mistake.

Please accept my sincere apology for the non intended offense's, to your forum.

Beachnut

Comment

No offense taken by me beachnut.
                    1150W, Midnite Classic 200, Cotek PSW, 8 T-605s

Comment

Working...
                    X