My Homemade Solar Panel Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Homemade Solar Panel Project

Here are photos of my solar panels I made. You can ask me questions about them here in this thread.
    Attached Files

Hi Bigbirdd - Nice looking!

Quite a project!

Russ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

nice man, well done i hope it last for you..

Have you tested it in the rain yet?
      how many watts?
      how much did this cost you?
      how long did it take you?

Comment

thanks nechaus

Originally posted by nechaus View Post
        nice man, well done i hope it last for you..

Have you tested it in the rain yet?
        how many watts?
        how much did this cost you?
        how long did it take you?
        It cost me $67. they have two years of winter. I use to have them sitting at 35 degree angle on a wood frame but I got tired of brushing off the snow I just set them up straight couple weeks ago. three of the panel have mosityre the one with single pane glass the duel pane have none.

Comment

Thank you maive99

Originally posted by maive99
          Wow great, first time to see someone set up solar panel at home. Does the size of the house has something to do with the solar panels? How long have you been using these? Would this kind really lessen the high bills? How long solar panel lasts?
          these panels run my house mainly refrigerator and lights my bedroom and bath room are wired with 12v lighting i have one 110v light in living room 35watts. the panel you see have lasted two tears in the winter in north Idaho. the two long one are three years old. THE THREE Bottom one are single pain glass the rest are duel pane they are heaver and I don't encapsulate my cells.These are 36 cell panel 19vole 63watt 2.5 amps The one you I built recently cost 67$. It depends on the cost of the of the solar cells. I just bought 150 cells fir 130 on eBay.

Comment

Maive99 is a spammer - earth4energy type junk - now gone.

Russ
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

i hate people trying to sell crap on here

Comment

If it is something useful to a number of the members it isn't always bad.

Some like the one in question are more or less bandits but with a PC rather than a revolver.

Some are trying to push their own site which again is not necessarily bad - providing it provides good, useful and accurate information to the members.

Russ
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                  If it is something useful to a number of the members it isn't always bad.

Some like the one in question are more or less bandits but with a PC rather than a revolver.

Some are trying to push their own site which again is not necessarily bad - providing it provides good, useful and accurate information to the members.

Russ
                  Thanks for the ingo bigbirdd

Comment

"i use white paneling"

"i use white paneling"

what is this white panelling made out of? Is it masonite pressed board? Masonite doesn't really hold up well outside, even on the back of something. It bubbles up and self destructs.

you can get free cardboard plastic every two years during the election process. Just go around and grab free plastic on Nov 3.

Comment

I don't know

Originally posted by rollandelliott View Post
                      "i use white paneling"

what is this white panelling made out of? Is it masonite pressed board? Masonite doesn't really hold up well outside, even on the back of something. It bubbles up and self destructs.

you can get free cardboard plastic every two years during the election process. Just go around and grab free plastic on Nov 3.
                      Hi I buy my panels home depot and paint with a heavy coat of urethane. (bigbirdd)

Comment

Nice job on the panels, with all of the negative press about diy panels i am glad to see some are still working for over a year.

Comment

Working...
                        X