Utility Co. called me, I'm not using enough power?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Living Large
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by merc4
    I'll just ignore that load of {HS}, thank you very much!
    What Dereck said makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.

My dad's favorite expression, having grown up on a farm, was "that's a bunch of HS!". Then my mom would look horrified and say "BOB!". On rarer occasions, he would use the long form, and then everyone knew to dive under the nearest table. It was a different time - the 70's.

Comment

• foo1bar
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2014

Also, I have no rights under the previous agreement, or any grandfathering rights. Obviously I have no choice but to sign it.
      If they're changing the agreement, if it were me, I'd contact the PUC, rather than sign anything.

Actually, I'd call them back, and inform them that there was a mistake and they've sent me a new contract and I'm perfectly happy with the existing one.

Comment

• cebury
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by foo1bar
        If they're changing the agreement, if it were me, I'd contact the PUC, rather than sign anything.

Actually, I'd call them back, and inform them that there was a mistake and they've sent me a new contract and I'm perfectly happy with the existing one.
        I would certainly do the same (or at least look it up online) but chances are they are operating within your states PUC requirements. But if you believe what you read from the solar green folks, the Hawaiian utility decided on its own it would no longer approve solar interconnects, despite their existing mandate, but promised to keep applicants in queue, in anticipation of their PUC to change their mind at their future meetings.

IMO you don't owe anyone anything. You took advantage of legal tax benefits and state net-metering mandates that were completely within your rights. Don't hate the player... I can only imagine the ire folks here have have against people who really abuse the system: on welfare, disability, unemployment for extended periods when they are perfectly able to work. You are within your rights to blather all you want on this forum and bitch about it, too (until moderator bans you, of course). Obviously you didn't garner a lot of sympathy here. I know you've said it, it's not just about the increase today you are concerned about, it's what'll be coming in the future.

SensiiJ gave some good advice but you're in a losing battle as what others have said here is true: we cannot let the utilities flat out fail today they are too important. But someday, they just may have to adjust to distributed generation or die. We can't keep dinosaur monopolies alive if technological advances pass it by. When batteries are cheaper or other ground-breaking storage/transportation methods are invented that will force their hand.

Comment

• merc4
          • Apr 2014

copy/paste: "AEP earnings are on track to more than double to 40 cents per share this year and are expected to nearly double again to 77 cents per share in 2018."

yes, they're in dire straits! lol I've simply done what I can to lower my costs in retirement, but to be realistic, the Medical profession will bankrupt me long before AEP.

Also, just got off the phone with Ohio PUC, they're investigating.

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

copy/paste: "AEP earnings are on track to more than double to 40 cents per share this year and are expected to nearly double again to 77 cents per share in 2018."

yes, they're in dire straits! lol I've simply done what I can to lower my costs in retirement, but to be realistic, the Medical profession will bankrupt me long before AEP.
            The world, most of it's institutions, robber barons and just about everyone certainly does seem to be conspiring against you. I feel sorry for your predicament(s). Hope things improve.

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

Complete rubbish and void of any facts anyone can easily look up. EPS (ttm) is $3.61. The EPS is meaningless without knowing the share price which gives you the P/E ratio which in itself does not mean anything other than how it compares to other utilities. EPS tells you nothing about how well or poor the company is doing. I

Investors DO NOT run to utilities because they make a lot of money (Profit Margin) or Cap Capital gains because Electric Utilities do neither of those. We buy them because the stock price is extremely stable, meaning it does not move much up or down protecting our initial investment, but mostly for the QUARTELY DIVIDENS. Current AEP DIV & Yield is 3.9%. That is why Pension managers and IRA managers load up on utility stocks.

Anyone who has a Retirement account like 401K and Roth IRA own a lot of utility stocks. That includes YOU. So be careful what you ask for, you just might get it and regret it.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• Living Large
                Solar Fanatic
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Sunking
                Investors DO NOT run to utilities because they make a lot of money (Profit Margin) or Cap Capital gains because Electric Utilities do neither of those. We buy them because the stock price is extremely stable, meaning it does not move much up or down protecting our initial investment, but mostly for the QUARTELY DIVIDENS. Current AEP DIV & Yield is 3.9%. That is why Pension managers and IRA managers load up on utility stocks.
                Precisely. That is why I owned it, and still have other utilities.

Comment

• Living Large
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.
                  The world, most of it's institutions, robber barons and just about everyone certainly does seem to be conspiring against you. I feel sorry for your predicament(s). Hope things improve.
                  If companies are causing this much grief, imagine the role the government is playing.

Comment

• recharge
                    • Sep 2015

...Also, just got off the phone with Ohio PUC, they're investigating.
                    So what happened?

Comment

Working...