X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Raul
    To make it clear a kill a watt meter in Europe doesn't exist is a American thing as well for the 120v thing, only on building sites. We got the efficient 230-240v grid. What we have is a similar device that's why I used the word (type).
    It has many functions ; voltage, frequency, timer , cost unit, power and peak power . The peak power is so rapid that you have to scroll thru the menu to se it recorded as it happens so fast . You can zero that value if you want to se the next spike or it will be covered by next bigger one but it will not show a lower value if you haven't deleted the one recorded. I'm not sure if is accurate but it's pretty spot on normal consumptions. I do have 2 multimeters and one measures to 600a ac and the other to 20a DC ; I do use them but prefer my plug meter for certain stuff. Ah almost forgot my ancient true rms is handy to .
    Actually the company, P3 International that makes the Kill a watt meter has a version for the UK and Europe with an input voltage range of 180 - 250v rms that will accept the plug on a corded appliance.

I found it being sold by a company called REUK renewable energy shop.
    Last edited by SunEagle; 10-14-2015, 03:01 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

• mapmaker
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2012

Not sure of the economics in your situation, but sometimes it is cost effective to switch to a more 'solar friendly' pump. There are pumps that will work well with your present power system. As an added plus, they tend to be more efficient than conventional pumps.

Same can be said for your fridge... there are fridges with variable speed compressors that have no extreme starting surge. As an added plus, they tend to be more efficient than conventional fridges.

--mapmaker
      ob 3524, FM60, ePanel, 4 L16, 4 x 235 watt panels

Comment

• Raul
        Solar Fanatic
        • May 2015

Originally posted by SunEagle
        Actually the company, P3 International that makes the Kill a watt meter has a version for the UK and Europe with an input voltage range of 180 - 250v rms that will accept the plug on a corded appliance.

I found it being sold by a company called REUK renewable energy shop.

Thank you , it looks like I haven't looked hard enough : I found lots over in US but could not find any around here so I thought is something for US market only .
        I got 2 different ones now and I make the most of them.

Comment

• Raul
          Solar Fanatic
          • May 2015

Originally posted by mapmaker
          Not sure of the economics in your situation, but sometimes it is cost effective to switch to a more 'solar friendly' pump. There are pumps that will work well with your present power system. As an added plus, they tend to be more efficient than conventional pumps.

Same can be said for your fridge... there are fridges with variable speed compressors that have no extreme starting surge. As an added plus, they tend to be more efficient than conventional fridges.

--mapmaker

I can sell the pump for a better one but I like reliability . This one pushes 8 bar 80meter head and a debit of 90liters a minute with 5 year guaranty .German top quality. I oversized for long life .
          Imagine the pump dies when you have a shower or worse it spills its oil in the well.

Comment

Working...