No announcement yet.

Going Off-Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the info Sunking, I will definitely check out those batteries. I have quite a bit of experience with AC/DC power, electronics, I/O controllers, RF communication and computer programming. In general I pursue anything that intrests me until I know every detail then move on to the next thing. My solar experience is limited to a peice of RF equipment that our company needed to install in a remote site with no power several years ago. I designed a small system to power it using a 30 watt panel, a Lithium Iron battery I bought off ebay, some sort of cheap charge controller, and a timer I bought off ebay. I have never been back out to check the equipment but it still calls in to our data center twice a day.

My wife and I are in the process of buying some land where we will build a house. I have designed an earth berm house that will consume very little power in order to go off the grid. I will be building, wiring and plumbing the house myself.

I like to build things that last forever, at work and at home, and the claims of these Lithium Iron batteries appealed to me but I will definitely do some digging to make sure I get a quality product. If no one can show that they last I will get the next best thing and that might be highest quality Lead product I can find.

Comment

Working...
    X