I'm beginning to doubt what I thought I knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
    If you have lived in Florida you know that those pesky storms sometimes have a mind of their own and can make sudden left or right hand turns. That would not be good for either N or S Carolina
    The TV news last night put up a graphic of possible storm paths.
    At least 10 of them in different colors showing landfall at points from Florida to Canada and even not making landfall at all but heading in the direction of Greenland and petering out.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
      The TV news last night put up a graphic of possible storm paths.
      At least 10 of them in different colors showing landfall at points from Florida to Canada and even not making landfall at all but heading in the direction of Greenland and petering out.
      What I worry about is the rain bands and high winds that make their way to the coast line with the flooding and rainfall that we've already been having in the eastern states, even if it doesn't make landfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Indian View Post
        What I worry about is the rain bands and high winds that make their way to the coast line with the flooding and rainfall that we've already been having in the eastern states, even if it doesn't make landfall.
        If you live in Florida you should be OK since sea level rise has been banned by the Governor.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          1 is using expensive battery panels. Grid tied panels are 1/2 the cost and you only need two of them.
          By all means I'd love to see actual math on that which INCLUDES the cost of shipping.

Comment

Checking in. The drive was a beast. Took us a week to make the drive due to the storm, got here and the property was under water. Much of it is still holding water. I added another 120 AH and another controller and throw in another 100 watt panel and it's not really enough but it's workable for now.

As long as I have sunny days, we're fine and I don't dip under 13 volts but if there are days of rain, I drop to 12.6 in a hurry and shut it down and run the small genny as needed.

Drove a shallow well but the damn steel pipe snapped down at the point so stated suckin gravel into the pump. Broke my heart cause it was a ton of work I tell ya. Ended up putting a pump in the stream and running a hose to a filter and up to the RV, but the filter really drops the water pressure down to little more than a trickle. A 2nd pump and a tank will have to be put in until I can afford a proper well install.

Been cold several nights well below freezing but a propane and a kerosene heater has kept it warm enough for the most part. Lowest indoor temp has been around 51F, not too shabby.

A ton more I could say but don't want to bore y'all. Thanks again for the great advice that helped me. Yours, WI
            Last edited by Wooden Indian; 11-29-2015, 08:31 AM. Reason: On phone lots of autocorrects and typos

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Indian View Post
              As long as I have sunny days, we're fine and I don't dip under 13 volts but if there are days of rain, I drop to 12.6 in a hurry and shut it down and run the small genny as needed.
              Good luck, hope everything goes well. By the way this statement struck me as kind of strange since I would expect 12.6v to be the voltage of a full battery

Comment

Working...
              X