Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicabbq
    • Apr 2014

Help with Sizing off grid system for small hotel

I need help sizing a PV system for an off grid hotel in the Nicaraguan jungle. A usage survey reveals they will use 30k watts a day on average. There is plenty of sun and they are positioned right to get 5 hours of great sunlight on avg. This is the largest system I have dealt with and could use some help specifying the inverter, charge controller, panels and batteries.
  • jflorey2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by nicabbq
    I need help sizing a PV system for an off grid hotel in the Nicaraguan jungle. A usage survey reveals they will use 30k watts a day on average. There is plenty of sun and they are positioned right to get 5 hours of great sunlight on avg. This is the largest system I have dealt with and could use some help specifying the inverter, charge controller, panels and batteries.
    Do you mean 30 kwhr/day? What is the peak load you will see? How many days of autonomy will you want? What kind of backup generator are you looking at? Can you ship large batteries in and out easily?

Comment

• nicabbq
      • Apr 2014

More Info

Thanks for the response. Yes 30 kwhr/day. not sure if I am calculating peak load correctly but from what I gather they will use 2800 watts max an hour, two days of autonomy would be ideal, could use a recommendation on appropriate generator, Yes I can import large batteries into the country.

Comment

Working...