SPT upgrade update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
    I noticed the change of my handle now being in red.

Does that mean I have to pay more for the privilege of being singled out?
    You have to pay more to get an unlisted mod status.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Get the dang thing fixed. This is getting ridiculous.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

I noticed the change of my handle now being in red.

Does that mean I have to pay more for the privilege of being singled out?
        I am assuming greg messing around has caused that, we will see about changing it back, or perhaps those things are now comming from the new version, have you beed able to log into Solar Panel Talk v2 yet? I think my instructions might have been a bit wrong? The new version of the forum allows us to do more so I think we will need to all have a look at it then decide which bits we want or dont want, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Get the dang thing fixed. This is getting ridiculous.

We are getting closer, I have been playing around with the new version a bit, I cant find to many problems, but we found a few. No ones doing anything on the new version till next week now (weekend here) but there is a good chance we might be running on the new version by the end of next week.

Solar Panel Talk as we know it is going to change, its not a matter of fixing this one, as its totally stuffed, we have to start again. We have a new look and feel to the upgraded forum software and we have more functionality some of which we probably don't want.

Really appreciate everyone's patience and we are getting closer, I feel its a bit like revealing a new car or something, word of warning, the navigation around the new version is different and it takes a while to work out how to do somethings so some initial teething problems may be on the cards, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
            I am assuming greg messing around has caused that, we will see about changing it back, or perhaps those things are now comming from the new version, have you beed able to log into Solar Panel Talk v2 yet? I think my instructions might have been a bit wrong? The new version of the forum allows us to do more so I think we will need to all have a look at it then decide which bits we want or dont want, cheers
            I have gone to the SPT V2 site. Do I need to register again?

Comment

I have gone to the SPT V2 site. Do I need to register again?
              You need, at least, to reset your password (using Forgot My Password recovery via email). I believe your account name is already in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
                You need, at least, to reset your password (using Forgot My Password recovery via email). I believe your account name is already in the system.
                Yep. I got in with the new pw tthe server sent me.

Comment

New SPTv2 password

Did my action of changing my pw on the new server change my pw on this server?

Comment

i dont think it does

Comment

They should have completely separate databases. The new server got a copy of the original database, but with no dynamic updates as new posts are made in the main site.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
                        They should have completely separate databases. The new server got a copy of the original database, but with no dynamic updates as new posts are made in the main site.
                        Both you and solar peter are correct. Two different servers with two different profiles.

Comment

Both you and solar peter are correct. Two different servers with two different profiles.

Hello, Greg fixed your red name. If anyone else dont want to be in red let me know, gregs been playing around with everything, looks like we might go live on new version and server on friday, getting a new logo and different style, should look awsome

Comment

A new snag

Hi All,

Just a quick update, we have hit a new snag. The URL structures are different (from version to version) so we need to fix this issue before we can launch, not sure how long that will take, only just identified it, arrhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
                              Hi All,

Just a quick update, we have hit a new snag. The URL structures are different (from version to version) so we need to fix this issue before we can launch, not sure how long that will take, only just identified it, arrhhhh
                              Ahh the fun times of being a Server Admin. Believe me when I say I know the pain and have gone through similar problems when I ran a gaming server a number of years ago.

Comment

Ahh the fun times of being a Server Admin. Believe me when I say I know the pain and have gone through similar problems when I ran a gaming server a number of years ago.

Howdy All,

Had reports that there are issues for the mods to login, I'm going to go into the new one and see if I can sort it out and send you all a new link and instructions to get in, sorry about that, i think I stuffed something up, but I think I can fix it, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X