Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newbiesolar
    • Aug 2015

Looking for some help building my first panel

I have never done anything electrical before so this would be my first project.

I have browsed instructables for some time now and a lot of the electronic builds catch my interest. I recently saw a post where you can turn a $1 solar light into a charger for sub devices and I'm looking to see if it would be possible to purchase and wire up enough of these lights to make a smaller panel to use as a home power source?
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

read the link in this stickie
    Do you really want to build your own solar panels? Discuss, share ideas, and get questions answered in this DIY solar panel forum.

( the link to the build in Fieldlines) about building proper panels at home.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Just remember when you spend $1 you get about $0.80 of quality. I wouldn't look too hard at using those cheap things.

If you are interested in solar technology then do some research and ask a lot of questions before you spend any money.

The technology is fun but is very expensive when you purchase the quality hardware and VERY Expensive when you purchase the cheap stuff because it doesn't last long or fails to perform as expected which gets you to spend again.

Comment

Working...