Solar Panels Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Panels Cost

Apart from PHOTON module cost index, which is rather tricky to obtain these days after their limiting the distribution severely, is there any resource where I can find the pricing of various solar modules available in the market? I have been to various "eCommerce" solar panels selling website, but none of them had a comprehensive inventory of modules and in several cases their price quotes were too high to believe. If there is some index which can give me the costs (rather than the selling price), that would be awesome!

Thanks a lot!

Cost to who? Solar panels are not a complete commodity. The price of purchased panels is estimated after the fact.

What does solarcity pay for panels? Present costs unknown except by solarcity. The cost is estimated historically.

Green Tech Media has articles on PV pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by donald View Post
      Cost to who? Solar panels are not a complete commodity. The price of purchased panels is estimated after the fact.

What does solarcity pay for panels? Present costs unknown except by solarcity. The cost is estimated historically.

Green Tech Media has articles on PV pricing.
      Sorry for the confusion. I am interested in any sort of numbers, cost to the manufacturing company, to the installer or the end user. Ideally I would love to get any insights on how much it is actually costing the manufacturer, but I know it is not possible. Thanks for letting me know about the GTM report, I will look into them.

But are there any contractors who have done bifacial installations who can provide some figures? (Pardon me for my ignorance if the data I am asking for is too obviously confidential). Thanks a lot for your recommendations

Comment

I would think some

I would think some information would be buried in the financial statements of the individual companies.

Comment

Short of actually obtaining accounts with a number of mainstream distributors, you are not going to find realistic pricing data.
          The distributors usually don't publish module pricing even for us dealers, I have to call or rfq to get the real prices.
          I get flyers emailed to me almost every day from a lot of the discounter type distributors with some tempting prices, but I hate to "dis" my usual suppliers by going after them. I can tell you that solar module prices seem to continuing down and wholesale pricing on brand-name quality panels is below 70 cents/watt. On the other hand, there are still plenty of brand-name panel still being sold at stupidly high prices. (as evidenced by many of the quotes we hear about on this forum)
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
            Short of actually obtaining accounts with a number of mainstream distributors, you are not going to find realistic pricing data.
            The distributors usually don't publish module pricing even for us dealers, I have to call or rfq to get the real prices.
            I get flyers emailed to me almost every day from a lot of the discounter type distributors with some tempting prices, but I hate to "dis" my usual suppliers by going after them. I can tell you that solar module prices seem to continuing down and wholesale pricing on brand-name quality panels is below 70 cents/watt. On the other hand, there are still plenty of brand-name panel still being sold at stupidly high prices. (as evidenced by many of the quotes we hear about on this forum)
            So, why not help us all and reveal some representative information on real prices you've gleaned. Might help in negotiations to know panel "X" can be had for $0.70/Watt instead of the, say, $0.90 it was 6 months ago.

Comment

Working...
            X