Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circulating pump in SHW system

Hi,
    I was wondering if somebody could tell me whether the collector circulating pump is turned off during the excess hot water discharge from the storage tank?
    For example the maximal temperature is 93 degrees Celisus (200 F). At certain period during a day, the water temperature in the storage tank reaches 93, and a discharge valve starts releasing the hot water, while new cold one is inserted into the tank. Is the collector (not the inlet cold water one) circulating pump* working at that time, when the discharge of hot water from the storage tank is happening?

* Collector circulating pump being the pump that brings the water from the storage tank to the collector.

Thank you for the reply.

Originally posted by bernard View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if somebody could tell me whether the collector circulating pump is turned off during the excess hot water discharge from the storage tank?
    For example the maximal temperature is 93 degrees Celisus (200 F). At certain period during a day, the water temperature in the storage tank reaches 93, and a discharge valve starts releasing the hot water, while new cold one is inserted into the tank. Is the collector (not the inlet hot water one) circulating pump* working at that time, when the discharge of hot water from the storage tank is happening?

* Collector circulating pump being the pump that brings the water from the storage tank to the collector.

Thank you for the reply.
    For the type of system that you are describing the collector pump would continue to run, if it stopped the system would stagnate.
    You could add a dump zone or convert to a steam back system to eliminate this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by LucMan View Post
      For the type of system that you are describing the collector pump would continue to run, if it stopped the system would stagnate.
      You could add a dump zone or convert to a steam back system to eliminate this condition.
      Thank you LucMan.

Is there a graphical preview of both of those solutions?

Comment

Google is your friend!

Comment

Working...
        X