24v 0r 120v booster pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24v 0r 120v booster pump

Since I now have a 24v battery back up system I thought it time to address a water back up system. a neighbor's well went sour so I need a plan if we have a problem with our well. I berried a 500 gallon tank a few years ago and thats as far as it got. Thought I'd tap into my present system which is a normal (on the grid) 1/2 HP, 240v submersible pump with 40 gallon pressure tank. All I would need to do it run pipe & wire 12 feet or so and mount the pump in the well house, (next to the engine room) The other option is get a cheaper 120v booster pump and run that with the
    gen set or inverter. I'm leaning toward the 24v idea, as I think it would work better when the grid goes down, as it does every winter. I'm looking at a "Flowlight", it seems to be real easy on the amps. I would fill the tank using my 320 gallon tank that fits in the bed of my PU, I used to deliver water to folks that had well problems. I saw allot of fancy "tank rooms" that looked like the engine room of the star ship Enterprise" I dont think any of those folks would have a clue when some little solenoid valve goes south. I'll work on a better way to fill the tank when i figure the system. Does the plan sound OK?
Working...
X