Any comments on my quotes greatly appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Wannabegreener.

Those are all excellent prices you are getting for your system. We are also in S NH and have shading issues especially in the winter so we went with 24 LG300 and Solar Edge optimizers in a 7.2 KW sized system with a 6KW inverter. Our shading and system losses on PVWatts, and verified by several companies (using a Suneye tool) is calculated at 27% loss on production.

It has performed very well, and we are on target to generate 8000KWH (5400KWH as of August 15) this year which is 80% of our consumption, and when I look at your consumption 6500KWH why do you need such a large system? Are you planning on adding more load like a EV car, or heat pump?

Even with panel degradation over the years, a 6KW system should produce 90% of your needs for the first 5 years unless you have severe shading - I would have someone do a true analysis of the shading first.

By the way you are getting excellent prices - anything under $3.50 is very good, and as others have said, don't just go by the reviews also look at the time in business and longevity of the company.

Carl

Comment

Carl,

Thanks for the comments. I have had 3 companies all quote just about the same size system. I'm guessing it is so large because my roof line is due north/south and the panels will all be on the west side. I will lose all morning sun.

I just signed an agreement for the lg system. Expected to be installed in September to early October. Can't wait.

They are not including a surge protector. I can add one if I want, but ht will be an upcharge. Now need to research if I should get one or not.

Anxiously waiting for the house to be greener.

Comment

system installed and producing

The system is installed and generating. It has been online for 2 days and generated 35 Kwh. This is over 100% for my typical usage for this time of year. Can't wait to see what it does over the course of a year.

Thanks to everyone for helping out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegreener View Post
          The system is installed and generating. It has been online for 2 days and generated 35 Kwh. This is over 100% for my typical usage for this time of year. Can't wait to see what it does over the course of a year.

Thanks to everyone for helping out!!!
          Howdy wannabegreener and thanks for coming back and updating us on your progress, cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X