Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.56 KW system in Dublin CA (SF Bay Area) SolarWorld 280+Enphase M250 $25700 - $3.4/W

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.56 KW system in Dublin CA (SF Bay Area) SolarWorld 280+Enphase M250 $25700 - $3.4/W

Just signed the contract. Really happy with the price. But my buyers remorse started to kick in right way as usual. BTW, I paid $1000 as deposit at signing, and scheduled to pay $20,000 after install, and the rest when build permit sign-off. Is this the standard pay schedule for installing solar system?

System spec:
    27 X SolarWorld 280 Mono Black
    27 X Enphase M250 Micro Inverters
    Total cost (pre-taxcredit): $25,700 ($3.4/W)

Company BBB file opened: 09/09/2010, BBB A+, Yelp 5-star, SunPower Authorized Dealer.

I saw the company truck in the neighborhood when I was walking my dog. Contacted them the next day, and got a great price right out of the gate. Took me another week to negotiate to the price I signed. Chatted with the neighbor, made sure they were happy with the install before signing, and found out they actually were in contract with another company, but the job got sub-contracted to this company to do the actually installation, and they were paying more than $4/W. (No, I didn't tell them the price I got)

BTW, my house is only 2-year old. Everything is up to standard. And it even has a pre-wired solar port in the garage, so the solar panels wires can come from the roof straight to the garage without the ugly pipes outside. I was able to receive some discount on that from multiple vendors.

Thank you solarpaneltalk.com!

Got 25 year labor warranty on the Enphase M250 micro inverters also

Comment

I'd only note the possible effect of negotiating - if the equipment and size were same/similar.

Comment

That's right!

When I started, I just ask for a quote for a solar system. I didn't know about inverters, optimizers, etc, and didn't know what size I wanted.

And then I figured out the system size I want, which is about 7.5KW. And narrow down to SunPower, LG, SolarWorld panels.

In the end, I decided on this particular setup SolarWorld+Enphase. When I ask quotes on this, salespeople knew I had done my homework, and would tend to give me lower quotes right away. And I was able to compare apple to apple, and let vendors to compete on the exact same system.

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
        I'd only note the possible effect of negotiating - if the equipment and size were same/similar.

Comment

it's happening

Comment

Those panels look like solid granite; hope they aren't that heavy. Bruce Roe

Comment

pic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks don't matter too much, but they sure look great! Nice job!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by abyebye View Post
                        That's right!

When I started, I just ask for a quote for a solar system. I didn't know about inverters, optimizers, etc, and didn't know what size I wanted.

And then I figured out the system size I want, which is about 7.5KW. And narrow down to SunPower, LG, SolarWorld panels.

In the end, I decided on this particular setup SolarWorld+Enphase. When I ask quotes on this, salespeople knew I had done my homework, and would tend to give me lower quotes right away. And I was able to compare apple to apple, and let vendors to compete on the exact same system.
                        Hey Abyebye - would you mind sharing the vendor(s) info? I'm in San Ramon and looking to go solar soon.. thank you.
                        -V

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by radareclipse View Post
                          Congrats.

Comment

PM sent

Originally posted by kgvenkatesh View Post
                            Hey Abyebye - would you mind sharing the vendor(s) info? I'm in San Ramon and looking to go solar soon.. thank you.
                            -V

Comment

Vendor info

Can I get a pm on the vendor as well abyebye? Still taking quotes for my home also. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X