Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 GPM water pump needed - to fill hot tub...;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 GPM water pump needed - to fill hot tub...;)

Hi All,

I am looking for a water pump to fill an outdoor wooden hot tub - about 900 gallons, from the lake. The lift is maybe 10 feet. The tube sits right beside the lake and the water is very clean.

What AC pump would work well for this application? I could go DC as well as I am thinking of installing a 24v solar system in the near future.

60 gallons per minute would fill the tub in about 15 min which is reasonable, that is what I am shooting for.

Suggestions?

Thanks...Kent

Originally posted by Slider View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking for a water pump to fill an outdoor wooden hot tub - about 900 gallons, from the lake. The lift is maybe 10 feet. The tube sits right beside the lake and the water is very clean.

What AC pump would work well for this application? I could go DC as well as I am thinking of installing a 24v solar system in the near future.

60 gallons per minute would fill the tub in about 15 min which is reasonable, that is what I am shooting for.

Suggestions?

Thanks...Kent
    Hello Kent,

I suspect that you'll get a bunch of responses along the lines of "why do you need to fill a hot tub in 15 minutes?" and "there's no DC pump that can do that". In any case, if you have AC power, that is likely going to be much less expensive, so you should focus on that path. Finally, it sounds like you're trying to get the forum to do your pump research for you. I would suggest going to Google for 15 minutes and identify a manufacturer of a pump that you're interested in, then call them up and tell them what you're trying to do and they will tell you which pump that would satisfy the requirements (or none at all, in which case, go to the Google step and repeat).

If you want to use a DC pump then I imagine it is possible, but it is going to be very expensive. A 24V DC system is not likely going to do what you want as the serious DC pumps (high horsepower) usually require 150+V and 15+ amps.

Comment

Working...
    X