Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monthly Solar Lease in Phoenix May Cost You 8% In Home Value!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not scientise or needed explanation, the system will generates x amount of kWh per year and save you y amount of money. Pople like the idea of free electricity just like those who think solar is free when sign a 20 or plus years contract.

One of my friend came to me and brag that he got a 2.99% rate for financing his solar. I say wow that is really nice. I look at his contract and he paid a 15% loan fee. I think if he needs a loan for solar, that might be his choice which is okay. This is back in Feb 2015. Few weeks ago, we meet again at friends house party. He told me that he got a equity line with low interest rate and he uses the line of credit to pays off his solar loan. I said isn't the introduction rate only good for one year? He said he is plan on paying off the loan within one year. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdeath2000 View Post
      Care to post the appraisal companies name? I plan on Refing next year and if they don't know jack about solar I don't want to use them.

Isn't appraising their job?... If the appraisal came back lower than you needed I would light them up on the phone about sending someone competent to do their job. Would they send someone who looked at a pool and said, "I don't know much about pools, so I wont count that."
      I could be wrong but it's my understanding that you can't select who does your appraisal. You can only pay for a second appraisal if you don't agree with the first that was provided by the lender.

In my case, it didn't really matter since I had so much equity going into the deal that I was going to get approved for a refi even if the appraisal came back lower than expected.
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

a/c direct from solar

Originally posted by Willaby
        I was thinking of a way to run off-grid a/c direct from solar.
        This is a technology that needs more development, useful for your situation. What you need
        is start the a/c on the grid, then transfer as much solar power to it as available without sending
        any back out. An alternating current power DIODE as it were.

I'm wondering if this can be done with a mini split, using a variable speed compressor running
        off DC. Now a real (DC) diode could be used, to supply as much DC from solar as possible,
        letting the grid make up any shortage that occurs. When I eventually try out one of these,
        I can't wait to void the warrantee by seeing if this will work.

Unfortunately that technology won't help my main problem. That is, storing energy from
        summer sun for use in near sunless winter. Still need the healthy grid tie. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
        X