Mechanisms that decrease the Lifespan of Lithium-Ion batteries and how to avoid them

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Sorry for the ___________________. Forum is broke and I cannot edit or insert spaces or paragraph breaks.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Jason
      Administrator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sunking
      Sorry for the ___________________. Forum is broke and I cannot edit or insert spaces or paragraph breaks.
      Sorry guys, problems are still there but intermittent PHP scrip errors. We are going to a new dedicated server for SPT and are in the process of looking to hire a programmer to look after the transition and bring us up to the latest version of the forum software.

Ahh crap, pete here, accidentally posted as jason again

P.S all editing functions are working normally for me, at the moment

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jason
        Sorry guys, problems are still there but intermittent PHP scrip errors. We are going to a new dedicated server for SPT and are in the process of looking to hire a programmer to look after the transition and bring us up to the latest version of the forum software.

Ahh crap, pete here, accidentally posted as jason again

P.S all editing functions are working normally for me, at the moment
        The edit functions come and go for me. Maybe because I use two computers to access the forum. Right now I am on my work computer running windows 7 business OS. My home computer runs windows 7 home OS. I use Mozilla Firefox as my web browser for both computers.

And I can edit on my work computer but could not last night on my home computer. Strange.
        Last edited by SunEagle; 08-04-2015, 09:20 AM. Reason: added last sentence.

Comment

• Mike90250
          • May 2009

Great, we can't edit profanity :

Sure you can. So F**k**f.
          Last edited by SunEagle; 08-04-2015, 03:37 PM. Reason: just messing with you
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Living Large
            Solar Fanatic
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Sunking
            {snip}As for bad cells in my experience and all others are it will happen within the first 5 to 10 cycles if it is going to happen. So if you are worried about a over charge, do what I am doing. Set the Orion to turn off power to the charger if any cell goes to 4.1 to 4.2 volts. Hook a relay up to the CC Panel Input and short out the panels.
            OK, now I have what I was looking for. Perseverance can be a good quality, or a bad one - depending on the circumstance. I'll add this puppy to the file. THANKS!

Comment

Working...