Monitering the Batteries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevo
    • May 2015

I found a 24v battery monitoring device that has a LED display with an audible low charge alarm which requires only 2 milliamps (http://www.so-bfd.com/) so I'm hopping my 24 AWG, Cat 5 wire will work for the 240 foot run from the batteries to the house. I sent off an inquiry to the company.

Unfortunately I have no slaves yet but I dig twenty feet or so in the morning before it gets hot, only going 6 inches deep.

Comment

• stevo
      • May 2015

Problem solved. I have a slick little meter right in the kitchen ,240 feet from the batteries. More than just a display showing the voltage of my 24v batteries, it has an audible low voltage alarm, which can be set at various limits. I used direct burial, Cat 5 wire with the conductors combined into two. I bought the meter that Sunking suggested for the engine room. The Bogart device would have required much bigger wire plus its kind of "out of my league" My meter is from "Battery Failsafe Devices", Santa Barbara, Ca, nice guy to deal with. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it, I'll be moving to the next system now.

Comment

Working...