Controller problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller problems

Hiya, please excuse my ignorance, I know nothing!
    I had a kit fitted to my Motorhome consisting of a 100w flexible panel and a Biard 10A Amp MPPT Controller, going to 1 x110amp battery. I don't even know how this set up works.
    I am now on holiday in France and all the lights have gone out on the controller, usually there is a green light to say that the panel is working and another to say how the battery is doing. Up until yesterday the battery full light was falshing merrily. Now- nada
    Is there a fuse or somthing I should be checking for? all the wires seem to be intact.
    Thanks in advance
    Dot

Originally posted by dotdot View Post
    Hiya, please excuse my ignorance, I know nothing!
    I had a kit fitted to my Motorhome consisting of a 100w flexible panel and a Biard 10A Amp MPPT Controller, going to 1 x110amp battery. I don't even know how this set up works.
    I am now on holiday in France and all the lights have gone out on the controller, usually there is a green light to say that the panel is working and another to say how the battery is doing. Up until yesterday the battery full light was falshing merrily. Now- nada
    Is there a fuse or somthing I should be checking for? all the wires seem to be intact.
    Thanks in advance
    Dot
    Yes, there is probably a fuse somewhere in the DC circuit between panel and Charge Controller (CC). Or there may be an open circuit at a connector or a break in the wire.
    When trying to get the system working again, please keep in mind that some CCs require that the battery (output) side be connected before the panel (input) side. If this is not done, they will not work correctly.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
    X