can I get you experts on solar to check this out ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbb1023
    • Jun 2015

can I get you experts on solar to check this out ...

I found this new solarinverter /charger for of grid solar power system Sunraiden on kickstarter.com and I decided to just get it because it seems easy to install and easy to use. I feel this guy needs a second look and I am asking you experts out there to give me a honest opinion .Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!....just need some opinions !!!!!!!!!

---Mod Note: dbb1023, you have now made a total of 9 posts in different topic areas about this product. I do not have any concrete evidence that you are associated in any way with this product or the kickstarter campaign, but the sum total of your posting gives the appearance that your are shilling for this product. Please consider toning it down during your one week vacation from posting. I am also moving this post out of the Announcements From Solar Panel Talk forum, which is not intended for member announcements. (All posts to this topic are also diverted for Moderation.)
    Last edited by inetdog; 06-17-2015, 08:36 PM.
  • dbb1023
    • Jun 2015

Happy to be back

Originally posted by dbb1023
    I found this new solarinverter /charger for of grid solar power system Sunraiden on kickstarter.com
    well I did not realize that I should NOT post in to many areas was just trying to get some ideas ...well I got some and I think its all positive...I appreciate everyone that gave me an honest opinion
    Last edited by inetdog; 06-25-2015, 12:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Comment

• Michieme
      • Jul 2015

What the Solar!!!!!!

I found this new solarinverter /charger for of grid solar power system Sunraiden on kickstarter.com and I decided to just get it because it seems easy to install and easy to use. I feel this guy needs a second look and I am asking you experts out there to give me a honest opinion .Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!....just need some opinions !!!!!!!!!

---Mod Note: dbb1023, you have now made a total of 9 posts in different topic areas about this product. I do not have any concrete evidence that you are associated in any way with this product or the kickstarter campaign, but the sum total of your posting gives the appearance that your are shilling for this product. Please consider toning it down during your one week vacation from posting. I am also moving this post out of the Announcements From Solar Panel Talk forum, which is not intended for member announcements. (All posts to this topic are also diverted for Moderation.)
      My God dbb1023 the sunraiden is okay I checked it out but come on your nuts about it........ it looks easy to use but its not the best idea on earth....

Comment

• dbb1023
        • Jun 2015

opinions. ... facts. . etc

Originally posted by Michieme
        My God dbb1023 the sunraiden is okay I checked it out but come on your nuts about it........ it looks easy to use but its not the best idea on earth....
        but it's a great idea and useful and I keep you updated as soon as I get one. .. At least I am ready for the next blackout....so again I am on board and I appreciate the new entrepreneurs idea and he will be Successful because this Sunraiden in my opinion is a great invention.... AND LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE THINK SO too..

Comment

• PNjunction
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2012

.Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!....just need some opinions !!!!!!!!!
          All in ones are scary for most of us here, especially for a device that has no specifications on charge voltages for the battery. I took a look - No specs - no purchase.

What I'd want to know is how does the user handle the difference between a flooded, gel, or agm battery charge voltage? Get these wrong and you cook or undercharge a battery.
          What is the low voltage cutoff point?

How does it perform when a user short / overloads the USB outputs? Does it take the entire logic-board down making it a paperweight? Are there even user-replaceable fuses / breakers?

Essentially we are the wrong demographic here for this to be considered seriously.

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by PNjunction
            All in ones are scary for most of us here, especially for a device that has no specifications on charge voltages for the battery. I took a look - No specs - no purchase.

What I'd want to know is how does the user handle the difference between a flooded, gel, or agm battery charge voltage? Get these wrong and you cook or undercharge a battery.
            What is the low voltage cutoff point?

How does it perform when a user short / overloads the USB outputs? Does it take the entire logic-board down making it a paperweight? Are there even user-replaceable fuses / breakers?

Essentially we are the wrong demographic here for this to be considered seriously.
            I have a great idea,. It will save you lots of money. Don't worry about the details I have them under control. Just send your money to xxxx. Thank you for your support.

Comment

• dbb1023
              • Jun 2015

to assure information is given correctly

I still think the guy KNOWS HIS STUFF AND THIS SUNRAIDEN IS A GREAT Gadget
              John Dawson ask the inventor a question and here is his answer
              What consideration is in the SunRaiden design for selecting different battery chemistries? Can I select between flooded/gel/AGM for the storage battery
              Creator Michael Sewanaku answer for a comment /question asked

Hello John,
              Thank you for the support and questions.
              The two main types of 12V lead acid batteries we expect users to connect to the SunRaiden are Wet cell/Flooded and Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM). The controller we've implemented is preset to safely handle many of these kinds of 12V batteries with a boost charge of 14.4V,float charge of 13.7V and temperature compensation of -25mV/K.
              Not all batteries are the same, often times the same controller setting for Flooded batteries is applied to AGM batteries. The datasheet of the battery should be examined to know the applicable voltage. In many cases where the AGM battery cycle-use is 14.4V, a flooded setting with set-point of 14.4V is applied, and both AGM and Flooded float charges are 13.7V.
              We can alter the controller to be more suitable for handling Gel batteries specifically, however we think the advantages of AGM batteries and the pervasiveness of flooded cell batteries make it impractical to do so.
              First, flooded batteries are the lowest cost and easiest to find. In Africa and other energy poor regions, flooded batteries are pretty much the only practical option. Despite the gas related hazards associated with them, as long as they are handled with care and maintained in an adequately ventilated environment they can be considered much safer than using Kerosene. They also have a long proven history of use and have designs that are suitable for deep cycle applications.
              AGM batteries on the other hand cost more than flooded cells but are essentially leak proof and have little to no gassing. In North America consumers can more easily afford and access AGM batteries.
              In addition, to lower potential fire hazards we do provide users with the option of having their SunRaiden equipped with ring connectors rather than clamps. Though ring connectors are less convenient when it comes to a battery connection, they are less likely to cause sparks when properly secured. The cables coming out of the SunRaiden are also of sufficient length to connect a battery at a safe distance.
              Moreover, we're continuously seeking to improve and tailor the SunRaiden for users. We're in the process of seeking to uprgrade the controller to a 12V30A one.
              Lastly,we believe users should always read and follow the battery manufacturer's instructions prior to connecting a battery, or trying to charge a battery system. Batteries should not be connected and charged in confined environments. Users must implement caution as explosive and hazardous gases are a byproduct of battery charging.

Comment

• sdold
                • Jun 2014

The amount of free advertising you've gotten away with here is astounding. My hat's off to you, you are really good at what you do.

Comment

• dbb1023
                  • Jun 2015

solar is still the main topic

Originally posted by sdold
                  The amount of free advertising you've gotten away with here is astounding. My hat's off to you, you are really good at what you do.
                  wasn't trying to advertise my pure intentions were to share a product I thought is useful for many people ..and you guys continued the conversation with me and taught me a lot ..we are hopefully all still friends because we all have the same goal of clean affordable energy and to help the environment .

Comment

• SunEagle
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

wasn't trying to advertise my pure intentions were to share a product I thought is useful for many people ..and you guys continued the conversation with me and taught me a lot ..we are hopefully all still friends because we all have the same goal of clean affordable energy and to help the environment .
                    It is possible that the SunRaiden product will turn out to be a good thing. At this time regardless of how much you feel it is better than slice bread some of us would still like a little more details and data on how the system works.

Let us know if you get a prototype to play with.

Comment

• sensij
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Sep 2014

@dbb1023
                      If you want to be taken more seriously, perhaps you could pencil out what a system would look like (and cost) right now that would have similar capabilities to the kickstarter product. If what differentiates it is that it is "all-in-one", then what would the more established piecemeal system be that it is replacing?
                      CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• dbb1023
                        • Jun 2015

seriously or not

Originally posted by sensij
                        @dbb1023
                        If you want to be taken more seriously, perhaps you could pencil out what a system would look like (and cost) right now that would have similar capabilities to the kickstarter product. If what differentiates it is that it is "all-in-one", then what would the more established piecemeal system be that it is replacing?
                        like i said before .. I am not an expert or do NOT CLAIM TO BE ONE ..I am sure people who are looking closely at the SUNRAIDEN are as positive about it then I .. I leave it up to the expert and entrepreneurs to pencil out a system and then bring it to the market so people like I and others can use it and work with it... anyways I am not here to advertise a product I am just here to learn and to react to some of the answers ...like one guy said >>KEEP ME POSTED >>> and I will meanwhile I really lay back and learn ..HAVE A GREAT EVENING YOU ALL ..its darn hot down here in TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...