Mismatched panels on 2 strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mismatched panels on 2 strings

I got 4 panels 300+250 and 285+260w . Could I use solar edge optimisers on each panel then parallel the 2 strings into a mppt charge controler . Would this multi tracking work or help to make use of this panels ?
    On each string there is similar voltage and amp within 5% or less. I would expect some loos but would it work?
    Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Raul View Post
    I got 4 panels 300+250 and 285+260w . Could I use solar edge optimisers on each panel then parallel the 2 strings into a mppt charge controler . Would this multi tracking work or help to make use of this panels ?
    On each string there is similar voltage and amp within 5% or less. I would expect some loos but would it work?
    Thank you in advance.
    Yes you can mix any solar modules with solarEdge but the optimizers are MPPT optimizers so you would use them with a solar edge inverter not a charge controller with MPPT built in. Also solarEdge requires at least 8 ( really minimum of 6) optimizers per string to operate, so you would need at least two more, and better with 4 more modules / optimizers.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Thank you for your input. I anderstand that optimisers are designed for the specific inverter on grid application. I was hoping to use it for a off grid charging a battery bank .
      If I use this panels with a mppt charger would it still work ? They not off each other by much and some loss would be expected.

Comment

Working...
      X