Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter remote control socket

Hi all,

Have purchased a second hand inverter for our RV, which works fine.

Could anyone tell me the different types of socket for the wired remote please? I thought it was an RV11 but the adaptor I got for the BT male plug doesn't fit, although they look similar in shape.

I've hopefully added a pic of the socket. If anyone can identify I'd be most grateful. Thank you.
    Attached Files

That look like RJ45 network socket.

Comment

Originally posted by paulcheung View Post
      it is 4 wire RJ11 not 8 wire RJ45
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by paulcheung View Post
        Actually that is an RJ11 because it only has 4 pins. The RJ45 is a data jack with 8 pins.
        Last edited by SunEagle; 05-21-2015, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks guys,

It has indeed got 4 wires. Problem is the RJ11 plugs I have are slightly too wide to fit the socket. Don't want to force it in and cause damage...

They look the right shape etc.....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
            Actually that is an RJ11 because it only has 4 pins. The RJ45 is a data jack with 8 pins.
            A common mistake, unfortunately.

The RJ-11 is a six position wide jack that only has 4 of its slots wired. What the OP has (I do not know the RJ number) is the four slot width, four wire jack of the kind that is used to connect the handset to the phone body.
            I am sure you can get fabricated "extension" or long cords for this application, and with some searching you can find the connectors themselves.
            But the inexpensive crimping tools for RJ-11 and RJ-45 et al. will not necessarily work properly with the narrower connector body.

PS- many applications of the 8 slot RJ connectors only have six of the terminals loaded, making the whole thing even more confusing.
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
              A common mistake, unfortunately.

The RJ-11 is a six position wide jack that only has 4 of its slots wired. What the OP has (I do not know the RJ number) is the four slot width, four wire jack of the kind that is used to connect the handset to the phone body.
              I am sure you can get fabricated "extension" or long cords for this application, and with some searching you can find the connectors themselves.
              But the inexpensive crimping tools for RJ-11 and RJ-45 et al. will not necessarily work properly with the narrower connector body.

PS- many applications of the 8 slot RJ connectors only have six of the terminals loaded, making the whole thing even more confusing.
              Good point about the physical width of an RJ 11 jack being wider then that 4 pin communication jack.

That is a 4P4C headset jack which has been called an "RJ-9/RJ-10/RJ-22"

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Think that's probably bad news for me as I have a remote control with a BT plug. Have found adapters for an RJ11 socket. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor that would fit into the socket please?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrob View Post
                  Thanks for the replies.

Think that's probably bad news for me as I have a remote control with a BT plug. Have found adapters for an RJ11 socket. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor that would fit into the socket please?

Thanks
                  Make your own adapter by getting a telephone handset cord (small plug on both ends) and plugging one end into your socket and the other end (carefully to line it up right) into an RJ-11 coupler.
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
                  X