Power in = Power out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
    No Sir you did not fail the test. You passed. The results means you wire them 2 x 2. 2 in series, in parallel with 2 in series. Still do not need fuses, still get the higher voltage benefit, just not as much. That is all it means. You did good and what you are suppose to do.

If you had connected the 4 panels in series and connected to the panels you would have failed the test. Your score would be reported by the smoke coming out of the Controller. Then you know you failed to do your homework.
    Believe it or not.

I woke up in the middle of the night because a thought entered my mind.

Cue trumpets.

Maybe I should wire each group in series and then wire the 2 groups in parallel.

I'm buying a lottery ticket today.

SK once again, Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by mj52 View Post
      SK once again, Thank You
      You are welcome.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

I understand 2 groups of 2..... each group wired in series........ THEN the 2 groups wired in parallel.....

But now trying to get the math part down....

Each GROUP (of 2 panels) wired in SERIES has a combined Voc of 45V and an Isc of 5.75A

When I wire the 2 groups in PARALLEL I maintain the same Voc of 45V but double my ISC of 5.75A to 11.5A.

So this particular series-parallel set-up will supply an Isc of 11.5A at a Voc 45V.

45V x 1.25 = 56.25V which is well under the Voc Max of the CC which in this case happens to be 100Vdc.

If I correctly explained what you told me I'm a happy camper because that means I understand what you told me.

Thanks, Mike

Comment

If I correctly explained what you told me I'm a happy camper because that means I understand what you told me.

Thanks, Mike
          You got it. To calculate output current = Panel Wattage / Battery Voltage.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            You got it. To calculate output current = Panel Wattage / Battery Voltage.
            By this I assume you mean actual working limits not maximum limits

Panel has a Vmp of 18.9V.....2 x 18.9V = 37.8V
            Panel has an Imp of 5.29A....2 x 5.29 = 10.58A
            Total panel wattage = 400W

400W/12V = 33.3A

Apparently there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

By this I assume you mean actual working limits not maximum limits

Panel has a Vmp of 18.9V.....2 x 18.9V = 37.8V
              Panel has an Imp of 5.29A....2 x 5.29 = 10.58A
              Total panel wattage = 400W

400W/12V = 33.3A

Apparently there is more than one way to skin a cat.
              I mean the current output you should see coming out of the controller with 400 watt input. 37.8 volts x 10.58 amps = 400 watts.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
              X