Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saps
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Sunking
    Can you light up your room with your cell phone?
    iPhone 5s flashlight yes. But I would probably look to have 2 lots of 5or 6 ultra bright leds? Is that possiable?

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Saps
      iPhone 5s flashlight yes. But I would probably look to have 2 lots of 5or 6 ultra bright leds? Is that possiable?
      What you have is a 10 watt panel and would take 2 to 4 days to charge up a cell phone depending on location and the size of the cell phone batteries.

So you ask is that enough to light up a room? What do you think?
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
        Super Moderator
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
        What you have is a 10 watt panel ....
        That is if he makes up only one ten "panel" panel. With 100 panels to work with he could potentially get up to 100W of panel power, but at a high labor and complexity cost. And end up with a very short lived system. Unlike panels for RE the panels found in garden lights do not hold up very well to sunlight and weather.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Saps
          • May 2015

Originally posted by inetdog
          That is if he makes up only one ten "panel" panel. With 100 panels to work with he could potentially get up to 100W of panel power, but at a high labor and complexity cost. And end up with a very short lived system. Unlike panels for RE the panels found in garden lights do not hold up very well to sunlight and weather.

So it would be a bust at the end of the day, if it wont work then I'll just chuck these panels in a seal bag n into the parts bin, thanks for the help everyone it was all much appreciated.

Comment

Working...