Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
    That would be a job for lithium.
    Thats why I have a $2,500 test bank. Before I quadruple it, I want to know what I am getting into.

Comment

If Trojan premium and Industrial line is truly PSOC, then it will work like the lithium as long as you stay in the 20 to 80% DOD range and within the C/20 to C/30 discharge and C/8 to C/12 charge rate. Isn't the sulfation the biggest problem on FLA battery for PV application?

Comment

Originally posted by paulcheung View Post
        Isn't the sulfation the biggest problem on FLA battery for PV application?
        Yes which is what PSOC application is. Trojan is not saying to operate 20-80% range.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Yes which is what PSOC application is. Trojan is not saying to operate 20-80% range.
          Yes, I know they didn't say operate 20-80% range, but if PSOC is not a problem, then operate at 20-80% will make battery much cooler and just saturate the battery once a week or so. the battery should be last much longer. right now my battery at the afternoon the temperature is over 110 degree F.

Dereck what is Rolls doing now? do they have any thing to deal with this PSOC problem? Are they just sit there?

Comment

Dereck what is Rolls doing now? do they have any thing to deal with this PSOC problem? Are they just sit there?
            Only thing Rolls has done is raise Set Point Voltages as Trojan has done. They have done away with 3-Stage setting and moved to CC/CV set to 2.5 vpc. Note for RE systems only, not standard battery chargers.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Only thing Rolls has done is raise Set Point Voltages as Trojan has done. They have done away with 3-Stage setting and moved to CC/CV set to 2.5 vpc. Note for RE systems only, not standard battery chargers.
              It is a pity, I love Rolls battery. they got a lot business in Jamaica, most of the people I know or talk to use Rolls battery. If Trojan prove smart carbon works then they will take some business from them if Rolls just sit there, I know my next bank will be Trojan.

Thanks.

Comment

It is a pity, I love Rolls battery. they got a lot business in Jamaica, most of the people I know or talk to use Rolls battery. If Trojan prove smart carbon works then they will take some business from them if Rolls just sit there, I know my next bank will be Trojan.
                Price, Warranty, and Brand Recognition will keep its loyal customers Top of the line Rolls 5000 series carries a 10 year warranty for around $240/Kwh. Trojan 8 year IND line-up is around $300/Kwh. Both have Brand Recognition and well respected with over 60 years experience. You can most certainly bet Rolls is working on their version. Trojan is just a leader, Rolls is still trying to catch up.

Remember every battery manufacture out there and some never heard of are in a race to bring a super battery to market. Has been for the last 15 years. Like everything there are no Quantum Leaps, just incremental improvements. Remember the first consumer computers? There was no Quantum leap to what we have today. 20 years from now our Grand Children will laugh at your antiquated Apple, Android gizmos we have today.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

Sunkings posts #3 and #8 answered a question for me that I didn't even know that I had - but I had a gut feeling I should. Since I had to dredge all the way back to Page 17 of the Batteries Forum (May 2015) to find it I thought it might be worded in such a way that it will also help others. (I'm sure the concept has been re-articulated since then but it wasn't in such a way that I appreciated it fully at the time). So, here is a bump up for a thread that hopefully helps others as it did for me.

Thanks Sunking

Comment

Originally posted by AzRoute66 View Post
                    Sunkings posts #3 and #8 answered a question for me that I didn't even know that I had - but I had a gut feeling I should.
                    You might enjoy this paper:

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/filed...2&d=1336278119

CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post
                      Oh my. What a steaming mess. Is that actually from Sandia or is that some kind of farce paper like a MIT version of The Onion? Looks like two high school kids got a hold of a new piece of test equipment and had to kill a few weeks before the next project picked up steam.

Come on. Tell the truth. What is the origin of this drivel?

Comment

Working...
                      X