Home solar-thermal ELECTRIC power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home solar-thermal ELECTRIC power?

There's no forum for this because this doesn't exist as far as I can tell.

I keep hearing about how evacuated tubes are so good at collecting energy that it is quite common for systems to actually include an engineered open air radiator to dump the excess heat and prevent tube thermal damage from overheating.

.... what? People are actually collecting energy and then intentionally discarding it for no use? Dumb.

There is probably a way to make a small phase-change (evaporation/condensation) electric generator to use that waste energy for something practical.

The working fluid for this small electric generator doesn't necessarily need to be water either.

OK invent one. No such animal exist, nor is there any demand for them.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Javik View Post
      There's no forum for this because this doesn't exist as far as I can tell.

I keep hearing about how evacuated tubes are so good at collecting energy that it is quite common for systems to actually include an engineered open air radiator to dump the excess heat and prevent tube thermal damage from overheating.

.... what? People are actually collecting energy and then intentionally discarding it for no use? Dumb.

There is probably a way to make a small phase-change (evaporation/condensation) electric generator to use that waste energy for something practical.

The working fluid for this small electric generator doesn't necessarily need to be water either.
      If you actually study the exchangers you will see that flat plate and evac tube types collect similar amounts of energy - evac tubes provide higher temperatures but that is all.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
      X