AC waterpump with solar panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobertek View Post
    inverter power =ac pump power ,solar panel =1.5 *ac pump power , it can work perfect
    Where do you come up with that BS?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

inverter power =ac pump power ,solar panel =1.5 *ac pump power , it can work perfect
      That formula does not make sense. An inverter needs to be sized big enough to handle the starting power of an ac motor so inverter power does not = ac pump power.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
        That formula does not make sense. An inverter needs to be sized big enough to handle the starting power of an ac motor so inverter power does not = ac pump power.
        even if the best pump , the efficency cannot reach the 100%

Comment

even if the best pump , the efficency cannot reach the 100%
          I was commenting on; inverter power = ac pump power which is not true. More like 2 x inverter power = AC pump power depending on the type of pump starter.

Also solar panel = 1.5 * AC pump power for maybe a couple of hours on a really sunny day, then as the sun energy goes down the pump will slow down and burn up if not cooled.

You are underestimating the solar equipment needed to run a 40hp motor long enough to pump the amount of water the OP wants.

Comment

hobertek is history - posting from Sacramento - maybe it was governor moonbeam incognito?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Franklin ( the largest submersible motor MFG) makes a solar kit for up to 3 HP for a AC 3 Phase submersible motor.

http://solar.franklin-electric.com/products.aspx#Tab4

Comment

As i mentioned earlier i saw at so many places Ac water pumps running directly from solar panels without battery. Recently I've visited one place where they newly fixed this system and it was running properly without battery. They are using Solarpanels, (special) waterpump controller/inverter that's it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by djhassoonew View Post
                  As i mentioned earlier i saw at so many places Ac water pumps running directly from solar panels without battery. Recently I've visited one place where they newly fixed this system and it was running properly without battery. They are using Solarpanels, (special) waterpump controller/inverter that's it.
                  It depends on the pump motor and controller specs. That picture does not provide details as to what each component is and how it is wired. It also doesn't tell you how long and how much water it pumps.

I do see about 40 solar panels which probably total about 10kw.

Comment

Originally posted by djhassoonew
                    Waterpump was 3.5HPand they used 250w panels 40pcs with 7.5kw waterpump controller/inverter.

It runs 6/7 hours in daylight.
                    But will not run continuous if you get any clouds.

That is what we are trying to tell you that you can't keep that pump running at a constant speed should clouds come over or as the sun starts to set. The pump will either slow down and stop.

Without a constant power supply from a generator or battery you won't run that pump all day.

Comment

I just confirmed now from the person who fixed it.
                      Waterpump is 7.5Hp

Solarpanels: 240w*40pcsand inverter/controller is 11kw.

It run 6/7hours in daytime

Comment

I just confirmed now from the person who fixed it.
                        Waterpump is 7.5Hp

Solarpanels: 240w*40pcsand inverter/controller is 11kw.

It run 6/7hours in daytime
                        How much water can it pump during those 6/7hours?

It will start slow, then peak around noon and then slow down again even if perfect sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                          How much water can it pump during those 6/7hours?

It will start slow, then peak around noon and then slow down again even if perfect sunlight.
                          I agree with you... But we are using it in desert and it fullfil requirement for daytime.

This way lot of money can be saved because we don't have to change batteries after few years.

Solarpanels can go for longterm.

Comment

If anybody could help me how to calculate solarpanels require for each hp?

Comment

If anybody could help me how to calculate solarpanels require for each hp?
                              It will depend on the type of pump and controller. If you are going to use one of those Franklin pumps that Texas Wellman mentioned, they provide you with directions on how much panel wattage you will need based on your water flow and well depth.

If you are using a different pump is must be similar to that Franklin. You will not be able to run a "standard" 3 phase AC motor directly from solar panels.

Comment

Last I knew the Franklin only ran 208 three phase motors. Also not important to this topic but worth mentioning is that Lorentz solar motors are all three phase ac motors (low voltage that won't run off the grid without a special box).

I have yet to see a controller that would run a single phase ac motor. Not saying they don't exist.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X