Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC waterpump with solar panels

Hello,

I'm planning to run AC submersible pumps with solar panels at some places.

I want to run all of them in daytime without any battery backup.

Some of them AC 220 and 380V.

But I have no idea how to calculate and make connections of solarpanels in order to run directly in daytime.

Thank you

Originally posted by djhassoonew View Post
    Hello,

But I have no idea how to calculate and make connections of solarpanels in order to run directly in daytime.

Thank you
    There is no way to run an AC motor directly from solar panels. You will need some type of inverter as well as a constant voltage source to keep the inverter from start and stopping when the voltage varies.

There are DC water pumps that run directly from solar panels but you will have to determine what your desired flow rate needs to be and how deep the well is to be able to properly size your system.

Comment

Cannot be done. Use DC pumps made to run off solar panels.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Ofcourse i will use inverter... But i dont want to use batteries and dc pumps.

Comment

The only inverter that will work without batteries is a grid-tied one. I am assuming you don't have grid available, so what you are proposing cannot be done.
          Solar Queen
          altE Store

Comment

For somewhere in the UAE? The above sentence shows you need to talk to someone there that has a small idea of what you might want - you do not know.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Unfortunately the technology that you "want" doesn't exist yet. If you want to use solar to pump water then you either use batteries & inverters or DC pumps.

Solar panel by itself will not provide the AC motors a constant voltage that they require to run even with an inverter. You have to have a constant voltage source which is a battery not a solar panel.

Comment

I have seen at so many places running AC submersible Pump (single phase/three phase) running directly from solar panel without battery.

I am sure about it that AC Pumps can be run directly without battery (because I have seen at 5 or 6 places if im not wrong) but I have no idea how to calculate which inverter and how many panels it require..

They use these kind of controller/inverter.
                Last edited by russ; 05-04-2015, 03:03 AM. Reason: link removed

Comment

I have seen at so many places running AC submersible Pump (single phase/three phase) running directly from solar panel without battery.

I am sure about it that AC Pumps can be run directly without battery (because I have seen at 5 or 6 places if im not wrong) but I have no idea how to calculate which inverter and how many panels it require..

They use these kind of controller/inverter.
                  Link removed - you are trying to get cheap advertising for BS maybe?
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                    Link removed - you are trying to get cheap advertising for BS maybe?
                    Haha... no way. I just searched that image on google. I didn't even notice the company name. sorry about that

Comment

Haha... no way. I just searched that image on google. I didn't even notice the company name. sorry about that
                      Search on Google and you can find yes, no and maybe for any topic you want - the internet has more bad information than good - youtube is worse.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I will upload a video of AC water pump running directly from solar panels when next time I will visit that place

Comment

I will upload a video of AC water pump running directly from solar panels when next time I will visit that place
                          Look and learn what they are really doing while you are there - you are not seeing all of it. What you suggest can not be done.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Great. While you are researching that site get "all" the data and specifications of the equipment needed to run an AC motor using DC panels. I will bet there is some type of battery or energy storage system in that "inverter box".

Based on my 40 years of electrical experience AC motors do not run well on a variable voltage supply while DC motors work relatively well that way.

Comment

ac pump +inverter+solar panel

Hello,

Thank you

inverter power =ac pump power ,solar panel =1.5 *ac pump power , it can work perfect

Comment

Working...
                              X