What is best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best

Can anybody help me with some feedback about what solar panel is better Solar World or ETSolar?
    Best regards

Hi Haibarra and welcome to solar panel talk.

Panels are panels, when you understand how panels are rated you will realize your question is a very tricky one to answer and really not very important. Search for "how are solar panels rated" or "flash testing solar panels" basically a tier 1 panel will perform about the same as other tier one panels, there is bugger all in it. The Australian government has been running a test facility in central Australia for many years now and the data is very close between the panels have a look for yourself, http://www.dkasolarcentre.com.au/

Comment

I'm very happy with solar world.

Comment

Originally posted by Haibarra View Post
        Can anybody help me with some feedback about what solar panel is better Solar World or ETSolar?
        Best regards
        I too was curious about this I was wondering if someone could offer up whose panels are good who's are crap. best bang for the buck etc etc..

but of course I am looking at a small portable unit not something for a house..etc.
        [B]N00B[/B]

Comment

Quality wise, reliability wise, and durability wise - they are equal. If you mean best value, take the price and divide it by the watts to get the lowest $/watt. (bang for your buck) If you mean which one looks the best, the SolarWorld panels are all black (I believe) and do look nice. The ET panels are blue cells which still look nice if you get the version with black frames. (there are some that don't like the blue though). If you mean which are the best to install, the ET have longer leads which my guys much prefer.
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

So pretty much anything off of Amazon or Home Depot for a small portable system will work
            [B]N00B[/B]

Comment

A small portable system will probably want to be 12Vdc so be sure and get "12V" type panels. Home depot does have some nice 100W ones from Grape solar although you can get an even better deal than that on EBAY.
              BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Your question it is like which one is better Iphone 6 or Galaxy 6 ? Solar World has mono modules so cells are close to black, frame silver or black, and they celebrate 40 years this year. ET Solar it's a Chinese company and they have been on the market for 10 years, they have mono and poly modules, their best modules was 250W on black frame.

Comment

Likely equal in quality

Likely equal in quality and output so you may want to look at the financial stability of the company. As the warranty is only as good if the company stays in business.

Comment

One source for panel ratings that I like is here. Be sure to read the documentation that explains how the ratings are developed.
                    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...
                    X