No announcement yet.

Wireless On Off Switch for Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its usually easy enough to remove the panel of an inverter to get at the on off switch.. Its only low voltage very low current so the two wires can easily be extended to about 50m no problem
    A 1000 w inverter can sometimes have a self power use as high as 2a.. Thats 48ahr a day. a lot on a small solar panel/battery system.

If you want a simple wireless solution do this .but you stil have to access and extend the two wires to the inverter on off switch.. Go to a garage door supplier and buy a wireless receiver and wireless remote on off switch.. not expensive. and easy to use.

Comment

So I've done the 3 pattern as referenced on this website.

http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/batt_con.html

I have all the same terminal wires from all the positive terminal posts bolted directly to the positive side of the solar controller and the same with negative side. On the website it shows all the wires going to a terminal and then from that terminal to the solar controller. I think bolting all the positive wires together to the positive cable wire of the solar charger and the same for the negative side is the same effect but maybe I'm wrong. Seems like that would even the charging out as opposed to the second pattern and make the batteries last longer but I could be wrong.

As far as the wireless on off switch I've pretty much just given up on that. Seems like there isn't a simple solution to that problem except to buy a better inverter with that feature. Since I just got the Bestek 1000 watt inverter which fits my needs for now. Thanks for all the help! I think the new battery wiring will help keep them good for a while.

Comment

I don't know that the charge controller terminals are the right place to combine all the wires, usually space is limited and the terminal is only rated for one wire, not several.
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Interesting. So I should bolt all the positive sides to a single point and the same with the negative and then go to the charge controller? There is space as far as the charge controller goes to bolt them to the cables. It's a loop end and I have a terminal bolt going through it which fits all the battery terminals. I figured one more cable in between them is just that much more waste.

Comment

Working...
          X