X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by foo1bar
    I think pointing out there are posters who are rude and aren't contributing to the conversation isn't unreasonable

What's really sad is the moderators on this forum don't do anything about those posters.
    Ask questions about a commercial scale unit on a residential forum (which is a totally different ball game) and you will probably get strange answers.

Cry and one gets zero sympathy. That is the way life was and is - the present "everyone gets a ribbon" lot need not apply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• thejq
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2014

I think pointing out there are posters who are rude and aren't contributing to the conversation isn't unreasonable

What's really sad is the moderators on this forum don't do anything about those posters.
      to that!

It's perfectly ok to warn others (esp. new comers) about potential risks and pitfalls. But cynicism or worse bullying will turn this forum into a mud pit very quickly.
      16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by thejq
        to that!

It's perfectly ok to warn others (esp. new comers) about potential risks and pitfalls. But cynicism or worse bullying will turn this forum into a mud pit very quickly.
        bullying? That may be the most overused word of 2015.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• peakbagger
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jun 2010

I hope the OP was possibly from a third world country where "well connected" means a lot. There are many things done around the world that would never be done in the US (and many other countries).

That said, it sure does sound like the OP is in need of a professional with the appropriate background to make sure that the equipment and installation practices are safe and appropriate. Unfortunately the laws of physics will trump the lack of local regulations. At best the system just may not function and a lot of money will have been wasted, as worst someone gets killed or injured.

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

The economics are certainly challenging.... my guesstimate is it's probably $4M or more of investment and if it's paying $.04 or $.05/kwh, that's likely only $150K/year. (Yet I see them getting built, so there must be a way to make the economics work)
            I can tell you how it works, built a few of them like for Walmart and a cogen. They use tax payers money aka corporate welfare. Same thing residential customers use. Most of those independent use tax payer money and use thin film panels tto build it cheap. Then sell for a profit and let th enew owner worry about thin film panel failure in a few years.

The two Walmarts I installed 500 Kw system was paid for fully by the city. It only produces roughly 10% of the daily energy requirement, but that saves a Walmart store roughly $125-175/day in electric bills. A typical Walmart store uses 25 to 40 Mwh/day. Commercial power in TC cost $47-Mwh or 4.7 cents per Kwh.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...