X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pleppik
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2014

How Solar got Cheap

The Planet Money podcast ran an episode recently called "How Solar got Cheap." Here's the link to listen to it.

There's nothing which will be a surprise to people who follow the solar industry, but I did think their analysis of what happened after the Chinese flooded the solar market a few years ago was interesting.

Of course, this is from National Public Radio so it's all a bunch of liberal claptrap. But if your brain like mine is already contaminated with foolish ideas, you may enjoy listening to it.
    16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters
  • alexanderkaub
    • May 2015

Solar System get cheap!

Browse through our website to buy top-notch solar panels. We are the most acclaimed online store of asia selling solar solar products.

Comment

• bcroe
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by pleppik
      The Planet Money podcast ran an episode recently called "How Solar got Cheap." Here's the link to listen to it.

There's nothing which will be a surprise to people who follow the solar industry, but I did think their analysis of what happened after the Chinese flooded the solar market a few years ago was interesting.
      There are other factors, but the limiting one is the semiconductor industry. They eventually
      learned to make huge wafers supporting 6" perfectly square PV cells, AND developed power
      MOSFETs capable of efficiently handling the power conversions needed.

The question I would ask is, do most PV panel mfgs make their own solar cells, or do
      they buy them and assemble them into panels? Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...