DIY for solar lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY for solar lantern

Hello, Salute to every one on this forum. I am a newbie to solar energy. I want to make a solar lantern with 12 V DC battery to use for camping and for emergency. I want use 24 Leds 5730 SMD 12v Spot Light Lamp Bulb, in a small glass bottle. Please help me and advice me how to do charging circuits and detail connections including circuit diagram. There should be provision for ON-OFF switch. Also let guide me, how to do for solar panel for fast charging. Advance thank to every one

Welcome to Solar Panel Talk, Malik!

You have not told us what the rated current of your bulb is, assuming you will be operating it at full power, nor how many hours per day you would like to be able to use it.
    It will probably not be practical to include the necessary solar panel for recharging as part of the light (and carrying the panel weight around all night would not be a good idea.

You can find small solar controllers on the market for very low prices, and I would not recommend that you try to build your own unless you are an accomplished electronic hobbyist already. And in that case you would not need to ask for schematics, etc.

First though, we need to know how much power and how much energy you intend to use before we can give more specific advice.

But except for very long off grid camping trips just charging a battery before you leave may be more practical.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

[QUOTE=inetdog;148145]Welcome to Solar Panel Talk, Malik!

You have not told us what the rated current of your bulb is, assuming you will be operating it at full power, nor how many hours per day you would like to be able to use it.
      It will probably not be practical to include the necessary solar panel for recharging as part of the light (and carrying the panel weight around all night would not be a good idea.

You can find small solar controllers on the market for very low prices, and I would not recommend that you try to build your own unless you are an accomplished electronic hobbyist already. And in that case you would not need to ask for schematics, etc.

First though, we need to know how much power and how much energy you intend to use before we can give more specific advice.

But except for very long off grid camping trips just charging a battery before you leave may be more practical.
      Dear Inetdog, Thanks for your reply. The bulb says 12v and 3W so the rated current is about 0.25 amp. I would like to use about 4 to 6 hours maximum. I will have solar panel separate. I would like to connect at the time of charging. Charge control unit with on-off switch may go besides battery when I assemble. Basically I am an retired engineer of aircraft. I do soldering etc. of small job my self. I can transfer the circuit to circuit board etc. I do not claim to be electrical/elecro personal but yes I have some knowledge and with the guidance/suggestions of forum friends I can do the project that's what I think. Thanks again for your help and hope in future you will also guide me. With best regards.

Comment

Dear Inetdog, Thanks for your reply. The bulb says 12v and 3W so the rated current is about 0.25 amp. I would like to use about 4 to 6 hours maximum. I will have solar panel separate. I would like to connect at the time of charging. Charge control unit with on-off switch may go besides battery when I assemble. Basically I am an retired engineer of aircraft. I do soldering etc. of small job my self. I can transfer the circuit to circuit board etc. I do not claim to be electrical/elecro personal but yes I have some knowledge and with the guidance/suggestions of forum friends I can do the project that's what I think. Thanks again for your help and hope in future you will also guide me. With best regards.

Edit / Delete Edit Post Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Comment

Working...
        X