convert 6hr rate to 20hr rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert 6hr rate to 20hr rate

I get a 24v forklift battery, I have a solar system, but I need convert 875Ah at 6hr rate to 20hr rate. Any help

Charge controller is xantrex 60-150

There is no conversion factor that we could apply other than SWAGs (Stupid or Scientific Wild Ass Guess). The only accurate way is to get the information from your battery manufacturer.

Comment

Two other things to consider. If that battery is used, then it probably does not have much life in it.

Second, based on the 6 hour rate, I would say it is designed for fast discharge for an 8 hour shift where it would go back on the charger for the next shift and be ready for the following. It is not really a good battery to use for Solar.

Comment

The battery is 4 months old. The company is powerflow and the phone number is out of service. I sent email to the company and I returned with an error about not finding the direction

Comment

Their manual doesn't help, as it is a forklift battery, as you said, and as such designed to work for 8 hours. http://www.pfs-battery.com/informati...ents-download/
          Solar Queen
          altE Store

Comment

Without manufacture discharge curves all you can do is use a generic correction factor of 1.3
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
              Without manufacture discharge curves all you can do is use a generic correction factor of 1.3
              it means
              875 x 1.3 = 1138 ah at 20hr

Comment

Working...
              X