Mobile Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Units

Hello everyone, I am new to the board. I wanted to get your advice on a system. Should I build one or buy prebuilt units. I am looking at two of the links below. There both about $2500. I will admit I still need to learn a lot. So I figured I would ask people who know more than me.

The Solar unit is going to be a SHTF bug out unit. So its an insurance policy for me.I am unsure of the power I get from each. Is one unit way better than the other. Or is there and even better way to go. It must be some what portable.....Thanks

This unit is a large DIY unit. If it fails your out of luck. But I feel it has been built with sturdy equipment.

.prepperlink.com/index.php/prepare/energy/item/110-lmsps

But this unit is pre made. I can buy 2 units for the same price as the one above. 2 is better than one most of the time.
    bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=995975&gclid=Cj0KEQjwgI6pBRDak6aRovWNq LsBEiQA8zZSLikgoiOGON36Xgy1fvXkA6qh_7QZWZEz53tTpEQ 3aw8aAmCR8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details
    Last edited by Mike90250; 04-07-2015, 01:37 PM. Reason: mung links

I've deleted your duplicate posts and munged the links in your first post. New posters are not allowed to post links because of the spam ad problems.

So, can you tell us about the 2 different panels ?

Really in an emergency, you just need the basics, power for a couple LED lights and a small radio. Much more than that, and you have to engineer a system for your needs.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
    X