X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insaneoctane
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2012

pvoutput.org gaps?

Have any of you pvoutput users seen it where you're getting gaps in your reported data? I've been seeing more and more of it lately. Normally, my TED5000 reports to pvoutput every 5 minutes. Tonight, for example, pvoutput only shows every 10 minutes from 8pm until 8:20pm.
  • gregvet
    • Feb 2014

Just checked... All reporting for 3/26/2015 in 5 minute increments. Did you check your TED5000 Statistics page?

Comment

• inetdog
      Super Moderator
      • May 2012

Originally posted by insaneoctane
      Have any of you pvoutput users seen it where you're getting gaps in your reported data? I've been seeing more and more of it lately. Normally, my TED5000 reports to pvoutput every 5 minutes. Tonight, for example, pvoutput only shows every 10 minutes from 8pm until 8:20pm.
      Two ways to interpret that observation:
      1. Your TED decided to switch reporting intervals to 10 minutes then managed to restore that setting.
      2. For some reason (network related?) two data points are missing. I would look to see whether there is any other evidence of network irregularities in the that same time period. Maybe run a continuous (5 or 10 second interval) ping command on your computer and send the results to a file to be checked later.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• insaneoctane
        Solar Fanatic
        • May 2012

I double checked pvwatts.org, it still showed 5 minute samples. So I reboot my TED5000 and I believe that has fixed it. Thanks for the comments. By the way, is there a way to see what interval the TED5000 "thinks" it's sending data?

Comment

• gregvet
          • Feb 2014

I double checked pvwatts.org, it still showed 5 minute samples. So I reboot my TED5000 and I believe that has fixed it. Thanks for the comments. By the way, is there a way to see what interval the TED5000 "thinks" it's sending data?
          If you look at the statistics page, you will see how frequently it tries to upload info.

Comment

• insaneoctane
            Solar Fanatic
            • May 2012

Originally posted by gregvet
            If you look at the statistics page, you will see how frequently it tries to upload info.
            Here's my stats page, I only see the last time it tried....Do I have a different firmware, or am I supposed to do some kind of math?

solar ted stats.JPG

Comment

• gregvet
              • Feb 2014

Here's my stats page, I only see the last time it tried....Do I have a different firmware, or am I supposed to do some kind of math?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6177[/ATTACH]
              Is your Statistics page static or does it flash every 3-5 seconds? I watched mine and the time stamp changes but the "Attempts" and "Success" numbers climb up incrementally about every 5 minutes. Looking at your numbers (25) I would guess you either rebooted/reset TED5000 to zero or just started to upload to PVOutput as my numbers are in the 13K to 14K range

Comment

• insaneoctane
                Solar Fanatic
                • May 2012

Originally posted by gregvet
                Is your Statistics page static or does it flash every 3-5 seconds? I watched mine and the time stamp changes but the "Attempts" and "Success" numbers climb up incrementally about every 5 minutes. Looking at your numbers (25) I would guess you either rebooted/reset TED5000 to zero or just started to upload to PVOutput as my numbers are in the 13K to 14K range
                My page constantly updates every few seconds. So I realize I will see a change every x minutes in the attempts section. Not simple or fun to monitor the page for 5 or 10 minutes, so I was hoping for a simple number somewhere. Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...