X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build a 1000W of power output

Greeting from Chile. I am new in this area, Please could you help me in this request. I am building my own solar energy system. I only need 1000W of power base on 12v volt.

Can you tell me onw many watts of panel do I need.
    How many amperes needs the controller charger
    How many watt do I need for the converter
    and how many batteries do I need for the bank.

All comment are very wellcome.

thanks in advance
    Aliropm

Well your question does not make much sense. If you need 1000 watts out from the panel, then you need at leat a 1000 watt solar panel.

I think you are mixing up power and energy.

Watts = Power at any given moment in time and is an instatanious measurement or expression.

Energy= is the amount of power over a given amount of time. In electricity it is expressed as Watt-Hours. Watt-Hours = Watts x Hours
    MSEE, PE

Comment

I guess sunking is saying is for how long do you need the 1kw for.
      I also thinkI am new to all this too but that would fall onto the size of battery pack you have set up, providing your solar panel can suply the correct amount energy to keep battery pack charged for night time use?

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzBuds View Post
        ... would fall onto the size of battery pack you have set up, providing your solar panel can suply the correct amount energy to keep battery pack charged for night time use?

Comment

[QUOTE=MarineLiner;9488]

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzBuds View Post
            - try and aliminate as much on battery dependacy is a good policy but I am not talking about a large just 2 of them how else will you store the power to use after dark? or are you just sujesting that he should not use the radio at night?

Comment

[QUOTE=MarineLiner;9488]
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                Well battery efficiency is around 80 to 90%.
                Pump back tanks are on the order of 25%.

Comment

Actually it is quite old technology and used by hydro electric utility companies. During power generation using dams, you take the unused generating capacity to run pumps to pump water into a lake to later be released and generate power again.

Same thing can bee applied with a elevated water tank. You pump water up in the tank, and release it later to generate electricity. Sound cool but really inefficient.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

Plus the volume of water required per kW generated is rather large.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Actually it is quite old technology and used by hydro electric utility companies. During power generation using dams, you take the unused generating capacity to run pumps to pump water into a lake to later be released and generate power again.
                      Same thing can bee applied with a elevated water tank.
                      You pump water up in the tank, and release it later to generate electricity. Sound cool but really inefficient.

Comment

Same thing can bee applied with a elevated water tank.
                        You pump water up in the tank, and release it later to generate electricity. Sound cool but really inefficient.
                        Originally posted by russ View Post
                        Plus the volume of water required per kW generated is rather large.

Comment

Something similar to the following (from another site):

(head(in ft) X GPM) / 10 = output in watts for a standard micro-hydro unit. So (10 (ft) X 100 GPM)/10= 100 watts. And with 1000 gallons this will last 10 minutes. 100 ft x 100 GPM = 1kVA which is about what an average US house needs. 100 GPM X 60 min X 24 hours = 144000 gallons per day.

or

In very rough numbers, a 1000-gallon tank 100 feet high could store about 3-4 kwh
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Make a new topic

Thank you very much.
                            i make a new topic:
                            Water Tank vs Battery Bank ? - Solar Panel Help Desk
                            http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...=9545#post9545

as we won't make ourself out of topic here.

Comment

[QUOTE=MarineLiner;9525]

Comment

Working...
                              X