X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve p
    • Mar 2015

connetions

HI All I am new to the use of solar stuff so I have joined you
    I have brought a DC-DC 400W step down controller converter high voltage 319V to 12V and a solar roll 319v
    MY question is "What else will I need to to run my 12v lights and charge my car battery's"
    thank you all in advance .
    steve p
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Originally posted by steve p
    HI All I am new to the use of solar stuff so I have joined you
    I have brought a DC-DC 400W step down controller converter high voltage 319V to 12V and a solar roll 319v
    MY question is "What else will I need to to run my 12v lights and charge my car battery's"
    thank you all in advance .
    steve p
    Howdy steve p

First thing you need to do is get a handle on your daily load requirements. I would suggest you reading some of the stickie notes in the off-grid section, this should get you moving in the right direction, cheers and good luck with it.

Comment

• steve p
      • Mar 2015

319v roll

thank you for your reply, as i say that im new to this system and very interested in making my own power when im camping .

so will there any thing particular thing that i should be looking out for when reading in the "off-grid " section ? ( sorry im more of a hands on person and not much of a constant screen reader) lol
      thank you very much for taking the time to help me .
      Steve p

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by steve p
        thank you for your reply, as i say that im new to this system and very interested in making my own power when im camping .

so will there any thing particular thing that i should be looking out for when reading in the "off-grid " section ? ( sorry im more of a hands on person and not much of a constant screen reader) lol
        thank you very much for taking the time to help me .
        Steve p
        Steve

You may want to look at the "sizing your battery" post that I attached below.

Being able to generate power when the sun shines is a relatively short duration even in the Summer (5 - 6 hours). So you will want to get a battery charge controller that will work with your DC step down equipment. Also that 100 watt "panel" will not be able to provide enough amperage to charge your car battery. It might be able to keep a float charge on it but that is about it.

Discuss remote solar applications for homes, cabins, RV and boats. If you have a question on equipment for an off grid system, such as charge controllers or inverters, then post your question in this forum.

Comment

Working...