Looking for DIYer in the Inland Empire, SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for DIYer in the Inland Empire, SoCal

I'd like to find some folks who've installed their own solar in my region. I live in Redlands (CA), inland from Los Angeles. I'd sure appreciate seeing what's been accomplished nearby, and hopefully get me going on my own install later this year.

Please get in touch—it would be a huge help.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm in the OC. Let me know if you end up finding some reputable installers too.

Comment

Originally posted by crapz1 View Post
      I'm in the OC. Let me know if you end up finding some reputable installers too.
      Sorry, but I'm not looking for a reputable installer. I'm looking for DIYers in the Inland Empire. There MUST be some, in this uber-sunny region. Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawl View Post
        Sorry, but I'm not looking for a reputable installer. I'm looking for DIYers in the Inland Empire. There MUST be some, in this uber-sunny region. Yes?
        Dunno - but I wouldn't count on them hanging around this forum very much. There are a number of prolific posters here who are very anti-DIY.

I did mine myself - but I'm in San Jose area.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by foo1bar View Post
          Dunno - but I wouldn't count on them hanging around this forum very much. There are a number of prolific posters here who are very anti-DIY.

I did mine myself - but I'm in San Jose area.

Good luck.
          [???] The name of this forum is "DIY solar panels."

Comment

[???] The name of this forum is "DIY solar panels."
            NO - It is Solar Panel Talk - a few people are capable and have the skill set to do DIY installations - most do not.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

'The name of this forum is "DIY solar panels."'

Originally posted by russ View Post
              NO - It is Solar Panel Talk
              He's technically right - this thread is in the forum "DIY solar panels" which is on the website Solar Panel Talk.

BUT to respond to the OP -

The "DIY solar panels" forum looks to me like it was intended people building their own panels. (as in "I'm buying 60 solar cells,soldering them together, and putting them on some glass to make my own panel")

In general it seems the forum boundaries aren't enforced much on this site - there are long threads about people's solar installs in a forum that's (theoretically) just for people to introduce themselves.
              So I doubt that this thread will get moved to anywhere (not that there's really a better forum for it anyhow)

Comment

He's technically right - this thread is in the forum "DIY solar panels" which is on the website Solar Panel Talk.

BUT to respond to the OP -

The "DIY solar panels" forum looks to me like it was intended people building their own panels. (as in "I'm buying 60 solar cells,soldering them together, and putting them on some glass to make my own panel")

In general it seems the forum boundaries aren't enforced much on this site - there are long threads about people's solar installs in a forum that's (theoretically) just for people to introduce themselves.
                So I doubt that this thread will get moved to anywhere (not that there's really a better forum for it anyhow)
                Yes, thanks for that. Does building one's own solar panels take less intelligence than installing them? Should I assume that all the DIY solar panel builders then hire professional installers to install them? Professional installers [should] have nothing to fear from the very, very few who would venture to install their own solar panels. At least it seems that way to me, but I'm open to learning otherwise.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, thanks for that. Does building one's own solar panels take less intelligence than installing them? Should I assume that all the DIY solar panel builders then hire professional installers to install them? Professional installers [should] have nothing to fear from the very, very few who would venture to install their own solar panels. At least it seems that way to me, but I'm open to learning otherwise.

Thanks.
                  DIY solar panel building is I think essentially non-existant. It doesn't make sense economically at this point.

Comment

The forum is Solar Panel Talk - the thread is DIY

No one in their right mind is building their own panels today - it costs more to build a poor quality panel than to buy a factory made one with a guarantee.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                      The forum is Solar Panel Talk - the thread is DIY

No one in their right mind is building their own panels today - it costs more to build a poor quality panel than to buy a factory made one with a guarantee.
                      Russ, I quote from this website that you help to moderate:

Forum: DIY solar panels
                      DIYers, this is the solar forum you have been looking for to learn how to make your own solar panels!

Correcting the website language would be better than chastising a member, imho.

Comment

Russ, I quote from this website that you help to moderate:

Forum: DIY solar panels
                        DIYers, this is the solar forum you have been looking for to learn how to make your own solar panels!

Correcting the website language would be better than chastising a member, imho.
                        Get a life - This is not opinion but copy/paste from the home page

Solar Forum - Solar Energy Discussion Board on Solar Panels and Products

The thread is DIY panels
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

SolarPanelTalk is a community with various forums, which in turn contain any number of threads. At least, this is how I understand it (and how it appears).

I would welcome some edification here. If not DIY build your own solar panels, as defined by the website, and not DIY installing, what are the website's owners' intentions for this area of the community discussion board?

Comment

There are a number of prolific posters here who are very anti-DIY.
                            I get that.

Comment

Pawl,

Check out the thread "Central Valley Solar Need". You'll get some good info from those that have completed DIY installs as well as those that say it is only for a select group of exceptionally brilliant individuals.

Good luck with your project.

SAM

Comment

Working...
                              X