Solar Queen
    altE Store

Comment

• russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Vallka1 View Post
      Wow this is great info!!
      Ok so I search eBay for a 140w solar kit and find a pile of them in china for a good price. Why should I NOT buy these?
      If you need a boat anchor or have a desire to contribute to a shyster's pocket please go ahead.

Like Amy said - you get what you pay for.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Wow this is great info!!
        Ok so I search eBay for a 140w solar kit and find a pile of them in china for a good price. Why should I NOT buy these?
        Two things to worry about when you purchase "no name" PV from China. Sometimes the quality is not there and you may have to pay an "import tax" on top of the shipping. Check the fine print to see if all taxes & tariffs are included in the price.

Comment

• anony
          • Mar 2015

This single battery is in a ent Trailer (Pop Up) so it's a bit tough to always hookup and charge. Battery does charge while I am pulling it. If we are careful I can make it last 3+ days but we are out for up to 2 weeks at a time. Would a 50W system work to keep the battery topped up?

I would add up all your electrical needs and at least double the solar panel wattage, which will allow for days with little sunlight.

Another factor is the type of solar panel. Some panel types are more efficient under low light conditions while others are more efficient when used with direct sunlight.

Comment

Working...
          X