Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circulation pump only running for 5 minutes

Total noob here.

We connected our solar heating for a test today before putting the panels on the roof. For some reason when we set the controller the circulation pump for the panels runs for 5 minutes and then stops. On whatever setting the same deal. Any ideas why?

Can you give more details? What model controller? Is it possibly triggering the overheat protection? Highly likely if you have the fluid in the panels not circulating, if it is sunny out, you may be well over 250F in the solar loop.
    Solar Queen
    altE Store

Comment

Originally posted by Amy@altE View Post
      Can you give more details? What model controller? Is it possibly triggering the overheat protection? Highly likely if you have the fluid in the panels not circulating, if it is sunny out, you may be well over 250F in the solar loop.
      It is a Chinese controller, looks like one of these. http://www.shuangri.com/en/product.asp

We ran it cold and hot today and the same with the pump cutting out. we got all of the air out both times, it seems to me that the controller is deliberately cutting it off after 5 mins.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that one. I see if has all sorts of functions, my first impulse is it is a timer or protection setting, but I can't really make any guesses. Sorry.
        Solar Queen
        altE Store

Comment

Which pump is running?
          Array pump,domestic recirc., radiant pump.
          Do you have all the sensors wired?

Comment

Originally posted by LucMan View Post
            Which pump is running?
            Array pump,domestic recirc., radiant pump.
            Do you have all the sensors wired?
            was the external sensor Thanks anyway.

we now have huge amounts of almost free hot water, really pleased.

Comment

Working...
            X