First Solar Acquires NextLight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Solar Acquires NextLight!

First Solar is having a big week. A positive outlook and recent acquisitions have sent the US solar leader's shares upward, the most recent being the thin-film company's purchase of NextLight and the 1.1-gigawatts-worth of solar projects that come with it. The move also pushes First Solar's total number of megawatts in development to over 2,000 MW.

The $285 million acquisition of NextLight comes with 570 MW of solar power already under power purchase agreements with utilities in the western half of the country. Plus, another 530 MW are in various stages of development. In other words, its a big buy for First Solar. NextLight projects vary in size from 30 to 290 MW.

Continue reading about solar.calfinder.com/magazine/first-solar-acquires-nextlight the First Solar Acquisition
    Last edited by Mike90250; 05-05-2010, 10:04 AM. Reason: click link removed. Mod

@Taylen24 - Nice to have free advertisement isn't it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Out of my way everyone, I'm going to sell everything I own and buy shares in First Solar.

"Pump and dump" is a form of stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money. Stocks that are the subject of pump-and-dump schemes are sometimes called "chop stocks".

While fraudsters in the past relied on cold calls, the Internet now offers a cheaper and easier way of reaching large numbers of potential investors.

I wonder how many shares of First Solar Mr. Jason Polka and Mr. Gabriel Luna-Ostaseski own?

Comment

Working...
      X