Question about charge controller and Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about charge controller and Batteries

1-I want to ask about morningstar charge controller.

There is a 3 inputs at it, one for pv panels and the other is for the batteries while the third is for DC load.

if i have a 200w 24V DC load where shall i connect it ?
    at the charge controller terminal for DC or from the batteries directly and what is the difference between these connections ?
    am i limited with a few amps at the controller so i have to connect at the batteries ?
    and if i connect it directly to the batteries how the LVD will work to prevent the batteries from over discharge.
    please provide me with connection layout as soon as possible

2- for the batteries is there any recommendation about the maximum discharge current ? and can i use the deep cycle batteries to operate rotating machines and motors ?'

3- Can i go above 48V systems ?
    can i make design for example for 20Kwp as one block ?

4- What is your recommendation for the maximum capacity of the system ?

5- How many charge controllers can i connect in parallel, and how can i calculate the dc wires sizing ?

Originally posted by Abo Hamza View Post
    1-I want to ask about morningstar charge controller.

There is a 3 inputs at it, one for pv panels and the other is for the batteries while the third is for DC load.
    Incorrect. There is only 1 input from the solar panels, and 2 outputs. One output is to the batteries, and the other is a useless fused low power with low voltage disconnect.

Originally posted by Abo Hamza View Post
    if i have a 200w 24V DC load where shall i connect it ?
    Battery terminals.

The rest of your questions I am not going to answer because you have not provided any details of what your daily load is, location, or anything useful. You have mentioned rotating machinery, 20 Kwp which all indicate you are way above the capabilities of solar.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Which Morningstar charge controller is it? Is it a SunSaver SS-10L-24V or a ProStar 15? If you want to have the charge controller turn off your load when the battery is low, connect your load to the Load connection. It can only handle up to the rating of the charge controller, 10A or 15A, depending on which one you have. If you have a 24V load, you have to make sure your panels are wired to be 24V and your battery is 24V. If you have a 200W 24V load, it is 200W / 24V = 8.3A, so either charge controller can handle it.

Read the manual, all of this information is in it.
      Solar Queen
      altE Store

Comment

Working...
      X