High lift solar water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor65 View Post
    What a great post concerning high lift solar water pump!! It seems like really great. But dear I would prefer buying honda water pump <URL deleted> instead of this solar pump. It highly depends on the weather that may cause problems too!
    It looks like all of the Honda water pumps shown on that page are shallow well or booster pumps that cannot work with a suction head of more than about 30 feet. A large number of them are construction trash or sewage pumps or basement deflooding pumps.

The OP needs either a jet or submersible pump. It is possible to make an engine driven jet pump, but I have not seen one. An engine driver submersible is just not in the cards.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      Where in the world does the sun shine for 8-10 hours? I think your post is a little off the deep end unless you can provide a make & model number of the AC pumping system that runs on solar without a battery for 8 hours.
      Lol. Our sunrise here in Edmonton is at 6:00 am and sunset is at 10:30 pm. Right now we are getting over 16 hours of daylight. Winter is another matter.......

Comment

Originally posted by Darren S. View Post
        Lol. Our sunrise here in Edmonton is at 6:00 am and sunset is at 10:30 pm. Right now we are getting over 16 hours of daylight. Winter is another matter.......
        I didn't say the sun couldn't shine for more than 8 hours. I said the sun can't provide the full amount of "usable" sunlight for a pv panel to generate name plate wattage for that length of time.

Sure you will get something out of a panel early in the morning and late in the afternoon but unless you have a pretty large pv array the total amount of wattage a few panels are generating is small and IMO will not provide enough to run an AC water pump. Which is what this thread was about.

Now there are DC pumps that are designed to run directly from a solar pv panel but will they provide the desired amount of gpm flow needed in low light? I doubt it.

I even have a couple of attic fans that run directly from a 10 watt pv panel. Since the motors are DC they will run either very slow in low light or very fast in direct sunlight. But they won't run for 8 hours a day even here in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle
          I even have a couple of attic fans that run directly from a 10 watt pv panel. Since the motors are DC they will run either very slow in low light or very fast in direct sunlight. But they won't run for 8 hours a day even here in Florida.
          I'll bet I could keep them running 8 hours, and mostly fast. Just need a couple extra panels facing E & W. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
            I'll bet I could keep them running 8 hours, and mostly fast. Just need a couple extra panels facing E & W. Bruce Roe
            Not sure if they can handle a lot of power. They move a lot of air just using 10 watts so if they got hooked up to your array you would have a Cuisinart.

Comment

Working...
            X