• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCP
    Solar Fanatic
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by OftheSeven
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes, I know I'm on the border for cost effectiveness as of today, but I do see usage going up in the coming years (closer to 10,000kWh/yr). Kids will be teenagers soon [sigh], we're looking into a second EV vehicle mis 2015, might add a freezer in the garage, plan to be here more than 10 years, etc.

I plan to use the same installer as Alisobob, so his references are good and he actually lives a couple blocks away from me! My electrical panel is rated 125Amps so he said I didn't need to update, but I'm thinking to have it included in the proposal for future upgrades. Roof is OK, about 15 years old (I moved in 10 years ago). Panels will be mostly be south and west. Maybe I'll start a new thread w/ the PV info and other specs.
    Preliminary shown: [ATTACH=CONFIG]5565[/ATTACH] (btw, I was told they won't overhang the garage roof).

Yes, refi at 3.75% is better than the 4.99 I've seen for solar financing.
    With a south facing roof, I was able to make the finances work out on 7000KWh /year consumption. Obviously, you have to do your homework.

One other thing that may change as well, and to solar's detriment is the change in peak hours. PG&E is proposing moving the peak hours start from 11am to 4pm. That would conveniently take out most of the solar production from the peak hours window. The argument is that now their production peaks later in the day, which makes sense. I'm also guessing that it may be due to the solar arrays producing during the day.

Comment

Working...