• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by foo1bar
    I think under $2/W is quite doable if doing DIY
    Oh - I forgot another significant item - I have limited roof area - so I bought 280W panels instead of 250/260W. That was $.25/W to $.20/W difference. (I would have needed more racking, etc - but still would have been at least $.15/watt I think)

Comment

• sdold
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Amy@altE
      I was estimating $2 per watt for DIY.
      Good estimate, that's exactly what my 16 panel Enphase system cost including shipping, sales tax and permit.

Comment

• foo1bar
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by sdold
        Good estimate, that's exactly what my 16 panel Enphase system cost including shipping, sales tax and permit.
        Does that include what you spent on other hardware/tools you needed?
        (ex. roof sealant, shingle ripper, bolts, conduit, breakers, etc.)
        And what wattage panels / how much per watt for the panels? (I paid ~$1/watt just for the panels - I could have paid $1.20/W or $.80/W depending on efficiency of panels )

Comment

• csmith
          • Mar 2015

Also ordered from Renvu. I did a lot of the install myself but then a licensed electrician/solar install mounted the panels and wired from panels to disconnect. Installed on my pole building and ran about 140 feet of #6 to house with a line side tap. I have 34 260w panels with enphase 215 micros. Cost breakdown below.

$13700 panlels-racking, nuts, bolts,enphase envoy & cabling
          $1450 mis.- conduit, wiring,disconnects,breakers, trencher rental,etc.
          $100 solar interconnect fee- SCE&G Electric
          $2000 Fee to installer

$17250 total for 8.84kw system before tax credits $1.95/watt. Final after tax credit will be about $7762.50 $.87/watt
          System went live on 7-23-15 and so far am pleased with the output. Had a high of 52.6kwh on 8-12 and a total of 1.21mwh

Comment

Working...